dogbert

iPad Games....

429 posts in this topic

I saw the video of this on iPad via TouchArcade and it is pretty awesome... I have no doubt that alot of the iPhone games I love will be even better on iPad :/ Need to hold though... wait for iPad 2.0... :)

The extra screen real estate should make the iPad a monster for RTS games. Where the iPhone is simply too small to do the RTS genre justice the iPad will (hopefully) make the genre relevant again.

It's a throwaway type farming game, but Godfinger has been sucking up my time lately. I play under "zot23" if anyone needs a friend for the XP.

Zombie Attack 2nd Wave is a dope tower defense game too. It never ends and there are no "waves", you just make the best defense you can and hold out as long as possible. Challenging and fun (my kids love this game.)

Implode XL is also cool (by the same company as ZA2). Basically blowing up simple constructions with dynamite and other goodies. Really fun, like smashing lego towers as a kid ;)

Anyone try Dungeon Hunter? Looks like an excellent Diablo clone... looking for actual people here that may have tried it. Looks great for under $10.

If anyone likes flight sims, Xplane is pretty damn impressive on the iPad. I have it on the phone but, again...screen size, and the extra horsepower of the Ipad, makes it a MUCH better experience.

Plants vs Zombies is pretty fun.

Love this game! Very addicting, and looks amazing on the Pad.

Anyone doing We Rule? I fired it up, pretty cool. I would love to see someone's Kindgdom... if you're on there, let me know.

My name on that Friends thing for We Rule is 'Cmu93'

Tom

That's pretty cool.

I think games that have the ability to work with the iPhone and iPad at the same time could have some awesome potential. That game is a good example. Also using your iPhone for your Scrabble tiles and iPad for the board is a cool little idea too.

and now having multiple iPads side by side like that... even better.

Can't wait to see more.

That pad racer is pretty neat.

I'm still dying for a MtG conversion or a D&D special iPad PnP version.

Any RISK fans? This may be down your alley.

Blood & Honor is finally here for the iPad in an universal (iPhone/iPad) app. The iPad version?s UI has been completely redesigned to fully utilize the large screen. This version is available for users who have bought the game already through an update. The update also features:

Online CHAT in lobby, game setup and in game screens

New ?Pacific Theater? map

More in depth help

Improved AI

And some bug fixes and tweaks

[ATTACH]4378[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4379[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4380[/ATTACH]

Also, if you're a Romance of the Three Kingdoms fan, the Touch Plus version has just been released for $15.99

[ATTACH]4381[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4382[/ATTACH]

Days of Wonder have announced that later this month, they're going to be releasing an update to Small Wonder that adds an AI opponent - free upgrade for existing owners, and the price will go up by a couple of bucks. I guess I have to finally buy it while it's cheap :)

Telltale Releasing Wallace & Gromit Game to Celebrate iPad's International Growth

Crafty inventor and his craftier pet will bring new kind of fun to revolutionary device.

June 11, 2010

Press Release

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. - Telltale Inc, the leading independent digital publisher and developer of episodic interactive entertainment, today announces a new game for iPad: Wallace & Gromit The Last Resort! Audiences of all ages around the world will soon have the inventive, fun and engaging adventure of Aardman Animations' Wallace & Gromit at their fingertips with the iPad.

"Each Telltale Wallace & Gromit game is like an interactive film for players to immerse themselves in and guide the on-screen action, solving conundrums and experiencing the story," said Dan Connors, CEO of Telltale Games. "The iPad is one of the most exciting gaming platforms to design and develop games for as it allows us to bring a unique kind of storytelling and experience to our fans, which they can interact with directly on the vast iPad screen."

In The Last Resort, Wallace and his faithful pooch Gromit, embark on an ambitious new venture laced with unexpected (and always amusing) complications. When foul weather throws a spanner into their holiday plans, Wallace & Gromit bring the beach to 62 West Wallaby, constructing a makeshift resort (complete with waterslide) ? in their basement! It's a lovely holiday but keeping customers satisfied is tricky business, especially when one of them is clocked on the head by an unknown assailant. It is up to Wallace & Gromit to find the clues and solve the mystery and figure out whodunnit, with a little help from Wallace's latest invention, the Deduct-o-matic (and your iPad!). This family friendly game will be available at the affordable price of $4.99 USD, 2.99 UK and ?3.99.

Wallace & Gromit: The Last Resort will join Telltale's recently released Sam & Max: The Penal Zone on iPad, which leading journalists have acclaimed as a "must-have" iPad app. Wallace & Gromit is expected to join Sam & Max at the

iTunes App Store in the near future.

I wouldn't mind getting Tales of Monkey Island.:)

Are we expecting much (or any) iPad activity at E3? IMO, games are coming at a snails pace. Considering the potential this thing has for RTS and other strategic games I'm pretty unimpressed with the selection as it stands.

Zen Bound is getting an iPad specific version...

As I never owned an iPhone, I haven't spent any extensive time with Zen Bound. Is the sequel worth getting on the iPad? It's relatively expensive (for the iPad) at $7.99...

Any RISK fans? This may be down your alley

Indeed. There's also the official Risk app coming, too...