Edit Style
Primary: LCVG Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: LCVG Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to LCVG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

iPad Games....

• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

dogbert

dogbert

The Snarky Scotsman (aka Moderator)

• Moderators
  • 16,439 posts
Gamecube
Thought we might want an iPad specific thread for the upgrades/unique games to this platform. First up... Zen Bound is getting an iPad specific version...

http://kotaku.com/54...d-game/gallery/

Posted Image
What I Play

PSN: fennersblah
XBL: Bairdy2

Magness

Magness

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts
Sega Saturn
I saw the video of this on iPad via TouchArcade and it is pretty awesome... I have no doubt that alot of the iPhone games I love will be even better on iPad :/ Need to hold though... wait for iPad 2.0... :)
:Magness

Camp

Camp

1-Gigabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,375 posts
Dreamcast
The extra screen real estate should make the iPad a monster for RTS games. Where the iPhone is simply too small to do the RTS genre justice the iPad will (hopefully) make the genre relevant again.

Angel P

Angel P

Mr. Soul Sucker of Joy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,540 posts
TurboGrafx-16
Top Gun for iPad is $3 this weekend.
67922.png
XBL:TheEvilEmpire ~ PSN:TheEvilEmpire ~ Shit I blog about ~ My Tweets!
Currently playing: Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4), Ghost Recon: Wildlands (PS4), Resident Evil 7 (PSVR), Rock Band 4 (XB1).
Last 5 games finished: TWD (PS4) s1e3, TWD (PS4) s1e2, Dead Space 2 (PS3), TWD: 400 Days (PSVita), Dead Space 2 (PS3).
Currently watching: Pitch (FOX), Blue Bloods (CBS), The Flash (CW), The Big Bang Theory (CBS).<p>
Last 5 shows finished: The Last Man on Earth s1, Jessica Jones s1, The X-Files s2, Bloodline s2, Tyrant s3.

General Zot

General Zot

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts
Virtual Boy
It's a throwaway type farming game, but Godfinger has been sucking up my time lately. I play under "zot23" if anyone needs a friend for the XP.

Zombie Attack 2nd Wave is a dope tower defense game too. It never ends and there are no "waves", you just make the best defense you can and hold out as long as possible. Challenging and fun (my kids love this game.)

Implode XL is also cool (by the same company as ZA2). Basically blowing up simple constructions with dynamite and other goodies. Really fun, like smashing lego towers as a kid ;)

Camp

Camp

1-Gigabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,375 posts
Dreamcast
Flight Control is my current addiction. It's much better on iPad.

GrumpyElf

GrumpyElf

Peeping Tom...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts
Sega Saturn
Anyone try Dungeon Hunter? Looks like an excellent Diablo clone... looking for actual people here that may have tried it. Looks great for under $10.

352839.png

fishepa

fishepa

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
Virtual Boy
Plants vs Zombies is pretty fun.

Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
Sega Saturn
If anyone likes flight sims, Xplane is pretty damn impressive on the iPad. I have it on the phone but, again...screen size, and the extra horsepower of the Ipad, makes it a MUCH better experience.
Posted Image

GrumpyElf

GrumpyElf

Peeping Tom...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts
Sega Saturn

Plants vs Zombies is pretty fun.

Love this game! Very addicting, and looks amazing on the Pad.

Anyone doing We Rule? I fired it up, pretty cool. I would love to see someone's Kindgdom... if you're on there, let me know.

My name on that Friends thing for We Rule is 'Cmu93'

Tom

352839.png

Starhawk

Starhawk

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,465 posts
Gamecube
Pad Racer

Sweet.

Graeme

Graeme

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts
Sega Saturn
That's pretty cool.

I think games that have the ability to work with the iPhone and iPad at the same time could have some awesome potential. That game is a good example. Also using your iPhone for your Scrabble tiles and iPad for the board is a cool little idea too.

and now having multiple iPads side by side like that... even better.

Can't wait to see more.

Graeme

PSN: Drunk_Old_Man | XBL: Shundi | Steam: Shundi

Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
Sega Saturn
Wish someone would do a "Wipeout" type of game on the iPad. Would work great with the accelerometer as the controls.

Sometimes I should just look before speaking...needs a cockpit view though. Would really make it cooler.

http://itunes.apple....d363873985?mt=8

Posted Image

Camp

Camp

1-Gigabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,375 posts
Dreamcast

Would work great with the accelerometer

Oxymoron alert.

General Zot

General Zot

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts
Virtual Boy
That pad racer is pretty neat.

I'm still dying for a MtG conversion or a D&D special iPad PnP version.

Brandon H

Brandon H

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
Virtual Boy
Age of Empires, please, or Rise of Nations. Failing that, plain old Civ will do nicely.
Posted Image
Wii friend code: 4459 5465 9756 0265
Steam: Actinide
Battle.net: Actinide

Romier S

Romier S

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 40,006 posts
NES
Any RISK fans? This may be down your alley.

Blood & Honor is finally here for the iPad in an universal (iPhone/iPad) app. The iPad version’s UI has been completely redesigned to fully utilize the large screen. This version is available for users who have bought the game already through an update. The update also features:
Online CHAT in lobby, game setup and in game screens
New “Pacific Theater” map
More in depth help
Improved AI
And some bug fixes and tweaks

[ATTACH]4378[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4379[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4380[/ATTACH]

Co-owner/The Face

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever, in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else, where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent. If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all." - Thomas Jefferson

347828.png

Romier S

Romier S

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 40,006 posts
NES
Also, if you're a Romance of the Three Kingdoms fan, the Touch Plus version has just been released for $15.99

[ATTACH]4381[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4382[/ATTACH]

Co-owner/The Face

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever, in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else, where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent. If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all." - Thomas Jefferson

347828.png

Romier S

Romier S

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 40,006 posts
NES
Because the iPad Games thread doesn't get enough love, Multipong is still free and it's pretty fun!

http://itunes.apple....d366322908?mt=8

Co-owner/The Face

347828.png

dogbert

dogbert

The Snarky Scotsman (aka Moderator)

• Moderators
  • 16,439 posts
Gamecube
Days of Wonder have announced that later this month, they're going to be releasing an update to Small Wonder that adds an AI opponent - free upgrade for existing owners, and the price will go up by a couple of bucks. I guess I have to finally buy it while it's cheap :)
What I Play

PSN: fennersblah
XBL: Bairdy2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users