Edit Style
Primary: LCVG Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: LCVG Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to LCVG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Nintendo 3DS announced- yep 3d without glasses

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

JFo

JFo

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,477 posts
Master System

The New 3DS has practically no point outside of Xenoblade Chronicles and the right side nub, so they have to make it worthwhile somehow, is what I presume the thinking to be.

Any game that uses the Circle Pad Pro can also make use of the nub and extra buttons. I used it all the time when I played Resident Evil: Revelations. It wasn't ideal compared to a proper thumb stick or circle pad, but it did the job.

JFo

Mark E

Mark E

Pharmboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts
Dreamcast
But that's just replacing the circle pad, it's not exclusive content.
Mark E - Adventure Game Aficionado. Completed games this year: 7
Currently Playing: Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
149110.png

ChrisBardon

ChrisBardon

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,605 posts
Sega Saturn

I might actually pick up Link to the Past to play through again on the 3ds, just because I've had an itch to revisit it, and it's easier than pulling out the SNES (although emulator to my phone would also work, but that means having a gamepad handy).  The lack of cross buy support is pretty ridiculous in 2016 though. 

XBL: ChrisBardon

WiiU: ChrisBardon
PSN: ChrisBardon

Steam: ChrisBardon
3ds: 1203-9229-8620

Wii Code 8228 6930 9356 8350

kelley

kelley

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,331 posts
Gamecube

Anyone get one of the New 3DS XL units?  Is the new Super Stable 3D screen really as much of an improvement as the reviews make it out to be?

JFo

JFo

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,477 posts
Master System

Anyone get one of the New 3DS XL units?  Is the new Super Stable 3D screen really as much of an improvement as the reviews make it out to be?

I have one. It's a hell of a lot better than the 3D on the original 3DS, that's for sure.
JFo

ChrisBardon

ChrisBardon

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,605 posts
Sega Saturn

It's significantly better than the old one, and means that you can actually play games in 3d if you want.  I did most of Majora this way, and I almost never used it on my old 3ds. 

Mark E

Mark E

Pharmboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts
Dreamcast
Hey, for all the Ace Attorney fans, Phoenix Wright, Spirit of Justice hit the eShop today, it's currently the only place to get it. Reviews have been largely very positive, which is great to see - the series has been on an uptick since Dual Destinies came out.
Mark E - Adventure Game Aficionado. Completed games this year: 7
Currently Playing: Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
149110.png

JTello

JTello

1-Segabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts
TurboGrafx-16
I think I know the answer, but, can you use a digital game on two devices you own/register. Seems like a stupid fucking question to even ask, but I'm also fairly sure I'm not going to like the answer coming. (Can't find a recent answer on the Internet. And certainly none I like.)

I hate physical media, so, ready to rage! (One son is set on a 3ds for Xmas, which I'd been resisting. That turned into two systems, for two sons. Sigh!)
Posted Image

ChrisBardon

ChrisBardon

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,605 posts
Sega Saturn

I think I know the answer, but, can you use a digital game on two devices you own/register. Seems like a stupid fucking question to even ask, but I'm also fairly sure I'm not going to like the answer coming. (Can't find a recent answer on the Internet. And certainly none I like.)

Of course you can't do that, why would you be able to share digital games between two systems in the same house? 

This is the reason I still look for physical 3ds releases BTW, even though I'm worried about the kids losing the game cards now.  I really hope that NIntendo gets their act together someday...

JTello

JTello

1-Segabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts
TurboGrafx-16
I can't remember ever buying a product that required recharging, and that didn't come with a charging cable. Wtf is that Nintendo?

Thankfully I found an old ds cable that worked, I might have just returned the 3ds. I don't have a high tolerance for Nintendo's bs.
Posted Image

MastaRedSnappa

MastaRedSnappa

512-Bit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
TurboGrafx-16

I decided to pass on buying the Switch on launch day and instead decided to pull out my New 3DS XL to get my Nintendo fix.  I bought Shovel Knight.  It's really been a great retro gaming experience so far!  Started playing through Ocarina of Time too. I'll probably pick up some other games (maybe Pok√©mon Sun/Moon or Super Mario Maker).

PSN/XBL/Steam Gamertag: MastaRedSnappa

iOS Gamertag: Masta Red Snappa

Battle.net: RedSnappa#1391

Angry the Clown

Angry the Clown

Whimsical Nonsense

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,020 posts
NES

Hey, why not bring yet another DS variant to the market?

http://www.eurogamer...2ds-xl-handheld

Nice design I must admit. If only there were a black version with the orange buttons we'd have ourselves an LCVG DS.

"Hey, wow, I'm actually good at this! Maybe I'm a natural. Yeah, I'm a jogger . Of course! There had to be a sport for me. I just never realised! I'm a natural jogger. Feel the legs like two great steam locomotives pumping away. I'm Cram, I'm Ovett, I'm unstoppable! Jesus is that a stitch? Fuck I think I'm going to be sick. Slow. I need to walk. Ugh I think I'm going to puke. I'm literally going to die. What an idiotic boob I was about ten or eleven seconds ago."

ChrisBardon

ChrisBardon

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,605 posts
Sega Saturn

That seems like a decent design actually-kind of surprised that it exists, but the lack of clamshell on the 2ds always struck me as a really odd decision (even if it was an innovative use of a single screen).  No need for yet another 3ds in the house, but I suppose it's a good, inexpensive device for those that want one? 

Now, if there were all of a sudden, say, cross buy/play with proper multi-account support with the switch, then there might be a case for this as a second device, but Nintendo...

MastaRedSnappa

MastaRedSnappa

512-Bit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
TurboGrafx-16

I like the return to the clamshell design but it does seem strange to release another 3DS offshoot. Between all the other models, you'd think Nintendo would have their 3DS bases pretty well covered already. I wonder with the Switch on the high end of portables and 3D not really catching on (how many people just play their 3DS with the 3D slider off?), if Nintendo will eventually pare their 3DS lineup to just the New 2DS XL. I think there will always be a market for a cheaper, sturdier portable gaming experience for kids.

PSN/XBL/Steam Gamertag: MastaRedSnappa

iOS Gamertag: Masta Red Snappa

Battle.net: RedSnappa#1391

Graeme

Graeme

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,997 posts
Sega Saturn
Well that was a surprise. What better way for Nintendo to show that they're still supporting the 3DS than with a new.... 2DS.

Graeme

PSN: Drunk_Old_Man | XBL: Shundi | Steam: Shundi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users