Edit Style
Primary: LCVG Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: LCVG Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to LCVG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Blu-Ray General Discussion Part 3

• Please log in to reply
907 replies to this topic

iainl

iainl

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,111 posts
Dreamcast

Yeah, I might be persuaded to double-dip for the theatrical cut and mono.

Angry the Clown

Angry the Clown

Whimsical Nonsense

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,020 posts
NES

I'm going to have to seek out an Amaray that holds 4 discs in a regular 15mm single case I think. I've got the existing Man with No Name trilogy set which is a single regular case that can hold 3 discs (I already swapped out the old Good, the Bad and The Ugly for the remaster), but it'd be good if I can keep the sleeve and have the new 2-disc version of the film with the other two films in the one case.

What will be interesting to see is if the Kino release has the same yellow bias to the colour as the MGM remastered release as presumably they will be using the same restored elements.

"Hey, wow, I'm actually good at this! Maybe I'm a natural. Yeah, I'm a jogger . Of course! There had to be a sport for me. I just never realised! I'm a natural jogger. Feel the legs like two great steam locomotives pumping away. I'm Cram, I'm Ovett, I'm unstoppable! Jesus is that a stitch? Fuck I think I'm going to be sick. Slow. I need to walk. Ugh I think I'm going to puke. I'm literally going to die. What an idiotic boob I was about ten or eleven seconds ago."

Jordan_E

Jordan_E

A Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,349 posts
Sega Saturn

John Wick Chapter Two coming June 13 to Blu and UHD.  

Xbox LIVE ID: BoggyCreekBeast

"Oh, by the way, which one's Pink?"

Angry the Clown

Angry the Clown

Whimsical Nonsense

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,020 posts
NES

Ridley Scott's 1492 finally gets its blu-ray release from Kino Lorber in June.

Audio Commentary by Film Historians Howard S. Berger and Nathaniel Thompson
Deleted Scenes
2.0 Stereo & 5.1 Surround Audio
Optional English SDH subtitles

I may wait to see if a UK label gets the rights. It's a crying shame Scott has never had the chance to revisit the film as he once proposed.

"Hey, wow, I'm actually good at this! Maybe I'm a natural. Yeah, I'm a jogger . Of course! There had to be a sport for me. I just never realised! I'm a natural jogger. Feel the legs like two great steam locomotives pumping away. I'm Cram, I'm Ovett, I'm unstoppable! Jesus is that a stitch? Fuck I think I'm going to be sick. Slow. I need to walk. Ugh I think I'm going to puke. I'm literally going to die. What an idiotic boob I was about ten or eleven seconds ago."

Angry the Clown

Angry the Clown

Whimsical Nonsense

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,020 posts
NES

Another wonderful surprise from Arrow. They are releasing John Frankenheimer's 'Ronin' in both the UK and US this August.

RONIN_2D_BD-500x500.jpg

Brand new 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Video exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director of photography Robert Fraisse
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p)
Original English 5.1 audio
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
Audio commentary by director John Frankenheimer
Brand new video interview with director of photography Robert Fraisse
Paul Joyce documentary on Robert De Niro
Ronin: Filming in the Fast Lane, an archival behind-the-scenes featurette
Through the Lens, an archival interview with Robert Fraisse
The Driving of Ronin, an archival featurette on the film’s legendary car stunts
Natascha McElhone: An Actor’s Process, an archival interview with the actress
Composing the Ronin Score, an archival interview with composer Elia Cmiral
In the Ronin Cutting Room, an archival interview with editor Tony Gibbs
Venice Film Festival interviews with Robert De Niro, Jean Reno and Natascha McElhone
Alternate ending
Theatrical trailer
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork

http://www.arrowfilm...&product_id=974

The old Blu-ray from MGM was incredibly dated MPEG2 release.

Jordan_E

Jordan_E

A Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,349 posts
Sega Saturn

XxX: Return of Xander Cage.  Oh boy... sometimes, I just don't understand my wife.  Sure, she enjoys the F & F franchise, but we watched the original XxX the other day and thought that would keep her from wanting to watching the new one.  Wrong!  Anyway, this one wasn't the disaster I thought it was going to be, but that's really only because of Donnie Yen.  Dude is SO badass!  It wasn't a good movie, but I've seen worse... like the original.  You can tell from the team aspect of this one, that Vin wants to mine the F & F for all it's worth and have something to fall back on in between those movies, but if I was him I wouldn't count on it.  The Atmos mix was good, but not the best.  Lots of explosions, one too many scenes of Xander thinking he's like Thunderlips: The Ultimate Male or something.  He just looks awkward when snuggling up to hot chicks, especially at his age now.  It was an okay rental, especially if you have a decent sound system and can crank it.  Otherwise, wait for Netflix.

iainl

iainl

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,111 posts
Dreamcast

That the felt the need to make another xXx is even more mystifying to me than the existence of all those Pitch Black sequels after the first one died a death.

And by "died a death" I mean "did pretty much as well as Pitch Black did, despite costing so much more to make", admittedly.

Jordan_E

Jordan_E

A Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,349 posts
Sega Saturn

The only thing that came from that movie for me was to watch IP Man again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users