Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Romier S

Persona 5 (PS3/PS4) - Delayed to 2016 and beyond!

46 posts in this topic

Day one for sure. I am more excited for this than just about anything else this year.

E3 trailer -

Rather nifty looking, even if I've no clue what's going on :)

Officially delayed at TGS until Summer 2016. Still, new (Japanese) trailer to keep us busy:

Love that trailer. I'm okay with the delay as it'll let me catch up on some other stuff before losing myself in P5 completely.

Looks like some new monster designs too, which is great to see. Persona has the weirdest damn creatures, in a good way.

It's another Mark & Brian thread! :)New trailer - PV#04

Announced for a Japan release in September. Still no North American/English announcement... Gah!

You mean 'a JRPG thread' ;).

Cannot wait to get my hands on this; that new trailer is amazing. As usual the character and art design are spot on. It's hard to think we never even got a PS3 Persona until now and it's going to debut with the PS4 version.

I hardly have time for this big games but I will make time for this one, no question.

Officially 2017 in the West!

Persona 5 comes out this September in Japan, having first been announced in 2013 when it was initially targeting a 2015 release on PlayStation 3. The PlayStation 3 version still exists, and will launch alongside the PS4 version in Japan and on the US release on February 14th. The Persona series has been running since 1996, and saw an explosion in popularity with the release of Persona 4 in 2008 and its Vita re-release Persona 4 Golden in 2012.

Valentine's day! And apparently on PS3 too, woot!

That gives me enough time to wrap up FES (I'm close to the end, honest!) & PS4, right? :)

5 things about Persona 5 in its first 5 hours - good article highlighting a few key things about the new game, near zero spoilers if you've read/watched anything about it so far. Totally dig the look, even if I'll be playing it on the PS3. Aiming to wrap up 3 & 4 before I start though.... Which year?

Just rewatched that last linked trailer. So flippin' cool looking.

Delicious. My most anticipated game of 2017 right now.

I've fallen back into JRPGs hard lately as well, so this is just more fuel for the fire.

Out next week. Next week! Finally! Gimme gimme gimme! All my other games are on hiatus once this hits :).

I shall get to it at some point lol.

I look forward to the thread resurrection in five years' time :P

Currently holding a 94 on Metacritic after 34 reviews in. Best JRPG in years, apparently. I wonder if I can get Tuesday off...

Never played any game in the series, but I think I'm going to pick this up.  I want to see what all the hoopla is about.  I need a new game series.

It's as good a place to jump in as any :) Expect a bunch of Japanese high school drama, with demons. There's nothing quite like it!

I'm seriously tempted to go ahead & buy this, especially since the PS3 version seems to be in short supply, even if I won't get to it for a while.

I'd like to give this a whirl sometime to throw something different into my overflowing backlog mix (the sketch from ep2 of Consolevania got me thinking about it... and laughing stupidly). It's £54.99 on PSN though. 54.99!   Persona 4 Golden is 3.99 in the EU Easter Sale on VITA though, so perhaps I should start there. 

P4 is a delight and you would get the gist of the series from it.

I hear Golden is even better.

I just watched the trailer, having no idea what the hell this game is.  That trailer, if seen by my wife, Bill O'Reilly, or anyone that doesn't play or understand videogames, I'm pretty sure they'd all work together to stick us in some gamer concentration camp where they would recondition us to accept Donald Trump as our savior.

I hope Conan plays this game.

1 person likes this

Wow, they waste no time going dark with this one, geeze. The opening plot line/dungeon is arguably more grim than the string of murders in the 4th.

Great game though. Even the menus are fun!

I will probably get tired of it but I love the recap screen after a battle.

Yeah, same here. And it will grate by the end, no doubt, but at least it's fast. The art design in this game is light years beyond anything I've seen in a while. It just pops.

I've managed to rack up 7.5 hours so far this week, which is crazy for me. But I love how the time crunch forces you to choose between so many different things while doing Dungeon work to boot.

I find the negotiation system a little TOO obtuse, that's literally my only complaint with the game so far. Combat, music, character design, everything else is superlative. An apex level JRPG.

I'm about 13 hours in, finally nearing the end of the first dungeon I think. The art style is great. First Persona game I have really dived into, so the time management is taking me a little bit to get used to. Definitely agree about the negotiations, seems like you just select the first answers for the win. Love the game though.