Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Romier S

Persona 5 (PS3/PS4) - Delayed to 2016 and beyond!

46 posts in this topic

Cleared the first dungeon this morning, just shy of ten hours. Damn there are some hard enemies in the first dungeon though, even on normal. Apparently they can one shot you pretty quick on hard.

By the time I had everything upgraded I had a fairly easy time with the boss, which introduced a fun new mechanic. I absolutely adore the game, it's another amazing 2017 release.

Time management's always a thing - you'll never do everything in the game, it's pretty much impossible. Right now I'm trying to beef up my knowledge ahead of mid-terms...

20 hours, still going. Second Dungeon was easier, or I just have the rhythm down. We cleared it was weeks to spare for sweet, sweet social interaction and improvement.

Game's still fun, though my ability to handle long JRPGs is so not what it used to be. Still, lots of intriguing goings on a happening ;).

Second Dungeon was my low point; interest is way back up now that I'm on to the third. The new character you get is a lot of fun and turned out a lot better than I'd have thought. The cast is growing on me.

I'll likely clip 30 hours by the end of the weekend. I wish I had more time to devote to it. I have a bachelor vacation weekend coming up mid-May and I guarantee I'll be sinking 10+ hours into the game then.

I finished the second dungeon a few days ago with 15 days left. Just doing social stuff but haven't gotten to play much the past few days. I liked the palace itself, thought it was interesting though I didn't care much for the big bad and I'm not too fond of the new character associated with him. Should finish up the countdown tonight, probably take care of the newest Memento. Takemi is probably my favorite character so far.

Yeah, the characters were a bit of a let-down, although the new character is just okay, not great. I agree Ann's probably the best thus far, though the next character you get (you can probably guess even if you haven't read anything) is a lot better than I was expecting and has probably the best intro I've seen yet.

The third Palace - Go prepared. The initial section has some unskippable non-boss battles and they nearly killed my party. Much tougher than anything so far; I may need some grinding for this one.

Third palace was fine, the fourth one has started out amazing. The visual design is crazy good and the story part is really interesting. It's just getting better and better and I'm still having a great time 36 hours on.

I sent the calling card for the third one yesterday, will probably finish that up tonight. I did not like it at first, it's such a different layout from the first two. I also was probably a little under leveled when I started, as it was a little difficult. But up to 27 now and it's a lot more manageable. I still prefer Takemi but her story has developed a lot faster then the rest so far. Already have her link to 7.

Yeah, I haven't done too much with Ann's story via the social links. I'm trying to get in with the shogi player, but I don't have near enough charm for it...

I'm trying to get the teacher to come to my house but I'm lacking the guts. Lol. I think I just may end up going for her. I do not like the reporter.

Haha, she has a couple really great quality of life skills if you do pay her off ;).

Fortune teller is interesting, but I don't see the huge payoff for her just yet. Fourth Palace got wrapped this morning, putting me at a solid 41 hours. I haven't gotten bored yet, which is a good sign.

Some of the fights in the palace were rock hard, but given the average level of other players (I love that I can just check that at a button press) I'm above the norm, level wise.

I used a ton of items and cleared the palace in two days, full clear to the treasure one day, then the calling card. Worth it, I have weeks before the deadline and nothing to do but self-improve and social links.

Loved everything about the fourth palace, story, new character, design. I'm at the point where I'll be legitimately sad to see the game go.

Finished up Nier and Horizon so I can finally dig back into this. About to wrap up the 1st palace. Love how much style oozes from this.

-Dean-

I got to the end of the fourth palace in one sitting. I do not recommend that as it is a bit much to do at once. I feel like that is the primary reason they limit the SP. Anubis with Anzu gave me all sorts of trouble and I had to swap out two party members, but I made it. Should probably finish it up tonight.

I like the variety with all the Palaces so far. I can't say I liked the fourth one any better then the rest, but I do find the story more interesting then Palace 3. I am currently at 61 hours but that does involve a lot of idle time.

My son beat it earlier tonight at 110 hours. He really liked it, though he is not ready to put it ahead of Bersia yet. He plans on doing a new game plus.

I just used a lot of SP items and then brewed a ton of coffee to make it back. Agreed that it was not optimal though. Anubis is just a bastard to deal with.

I'm a big sucker for the motif used in the fourth, probably why I liked it so much. When you do the treasure, I seriously advise keeping left. There's a chest far to the right but you have to fight a two Anubis group to get it and they just wiped me every time.

Yeah, I noticed that having it paused still ate idle time so I keep going to the PSN menu when I'm afk, the OCD won't let me do otherwise.

I want to play Berseria at some point, but my experiences with the Tales games tend to be woefully uneven.

And finished the fourth palace. The end fell a little flat for me but thought it was one of the better stories so far. They really are pushing the bad adult theme though. The explanation for her not helping immediately would be alright until you consider I beat it with 21 days remaining. I did not even bother for the chest, my son warned me how difficult it was to get to.

I have never been a big Tales fan, so I can't speak to all of them, but Berseria was the first one to really keep my interest and something I plan on going back to.

If you haven't played Vesperia, that's the one I'd recommend. The rest have been... okay, at best. It's the series I most want to love but don't.

5th palace certainly had the most interesting boss fight, just because of how different it was. Lot of status effect enemies and repel shit going on too.

I'm just up on 55 hours. The story is about to take a turn, I think, given what's been implied. Should be interesting. It's still a fantastic game. I'm amazed how it's held my interest this long.

I'm just starting the fifth palace. I didn't care much for the new characters introduction, hopefully it improves from there.

I entered into a relationship with Ann. And you know what, I'm ok with it. It would have served the game better if they would actually acknowledge it outside a few special scenes though.

Reading comments the fifth palace seems to be almost universally considered the worst, also the one my son liked the least. Hoping my experience is a little different.

I could see why people don't like it as much. It's repetitive and annoying in parts. Overall I cleaned it out so fast I barely noticed, honestly.

I don't feel like this character gets any better. Definitely short shrift story wise and a bit of a drip :P

Sixth palace was my favorite and the payoff afterwards, story-wise, was fantastic. It really goes for an Ocean's Eleven style vibe and I loved it. Should have called the story, did not at all. Some clever work with conventions here.

I'm just around 67 hours now and still have a bunch to go, but I'm confident I can finish this by the end of the month.

Holy cats. Finally done. 81 hours and change. Really great game. Persona 4 is still my favorite story, but this one was great and had a lot of quality of life improvements.

Excellent plot, fun twists, satisfying super-long epilogue too.