Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Starhawk

Forum Downtime

2 posts in this topic

Earlier today, you may have noticed the forum running slow, and later not loading at all. We opened a ticked with our host and got this reply.

"We're very sorry for the issues. I'm afraid part of our infrastructure at Amazon Web Services has experienced technical difficulties, which we've been working diligently to resolve. Your site should be on momentarily. Unfortunately, we did have to revert from our latest service snapshots, so there may be several hours of missing posts / data -- however, everything else was retained and service should be fully restored within the next hour.

My deepest apologies for any inconvenience and should you have further concerns, please do let us know.

Thanks so much for your continued business."

Regards,

Lindy Throgmartin

Management Team

Invision Power Services, Inc.

Looks like we are back up now, but we lost 2 days of posts which included a lot of good stuff! Let's try to restart the conversation, and I hope we can fill in the blanks if needed!

Earlier today, you may have noticed the forum running slow, and later not loading at all. We opened a ticked with our host and got this reply.

Looks like we are back up now, but we lost 2 days of posts which included a lot of good stuff! Let's try to restart the conversation, and I hope we can fill in the blanks if needed!

My question to them would be how the hell are backups being done that infrequently?  2 days is an eternity, should be automated on the hour I would think.

2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0