Edit Style
Primary: LCVG Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: LCVG Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to LCVG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Twitch Thread - I like to watch

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Carlucci

Carlucci

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,024 posts
Dreamcast

On my bus rides to/from work, and while practicing guitar, I have been really enjoying watching Twitch streams. As a lifelong gamer, it seems strange to enjoy watching people play more than playing games myself, but that's where I am in my life, and I'm OK with it. The entertainment value is really superb.  Some of them have amazing broadcasting talent.

Amazon now owns Twitch.tv, and included with your Amazon Prime membership are some Twitch perks.  You have one subscription to a twitch broadcaster of your choice that you can use every month. (a $5 value). This directly supports the Twitch broadcaster financially, and it looks like some of them are making some serious money as full-time streamers.

So here are my favorites (You can watch clips from their streams even when they are offline):

Jam Jar - www.twitch.tv/tehjamjar  This guy is from the UK, has a great voice for broadcasting, and is funny as all hell.  He's the one I'm currently using my Twitch Prime sub on.   Seems like a really great guy IRL, too. He plays a lot of "PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds" (PUBG). It's a King of the Kill type 3rd person survival shooter in which the map constricts, forcing players toward each other, where only one will ultimately survive.  He also does some very funny role-playing in other games.

Smak - www.twitch.tv/smak   This guy plays Rainbow Six Siege, but lately has been playing PUBG, which is really fun to watch.    He's a very serious gamer, and hates to lose, but also has fun at it.

Silent Sentry - www.twitch.tv/silentsentry   He's a nut!  But he was born to do this.  When he plays a shooter, he expertly narrates what's going on at a million words a minute, but he really excels at Role Playing.  Check out his clips as "Lil' Squirt" on the GTAV role-playing servers.  I laugh my ass off when he puts on his rap concerts.

darbian - www.twitch.tv/darbian  The current World Record Holder for Super Mario Brothers Any% and Warpless.  Droll wouldn't begin to describe his speaking manner, but he still manages to be engaging and fun.  He adds heart rate monitor telemetry to his broadcast so you can see his heartbeat spike as he approaches a new record.  He's currently trying for the Super Mario Lost Levels Warpless WR.

CarlSagan42 -www.twitch.tv/carlsagan42  He seems to only play levels created on Super Mario Maker and Kaizo Mario, but he's damn good at them, and pretty funny.  He's a research scientist by day, so often he gets on some pretty good side topics.  

Summit1g -www.twitch.tv/summit1g  This guy is getting rich at this!  It's amazing to see the subscriptions and donations pour in as he plays.  He's somehow able to be cocky and humble at the same time.  I only watch him when he plays PUBG, but he also plays a lot of Counterstrike.

M1ndr - www.twitch.tv/m1ndr He plays DayZ, which has incredibly long boring stretches, punctuated with some intense battles.  I prefer to watch his YouTube videos, which he expertly edits down to the good stuff, complete with music for dramatic effect.

Let me know if you've found any good Twitch streamers.  And be sure to use your Amazon Twitch Prime sub. 

Carlos.

NNyVjJX.png

Dimness

Dimness

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,930 posts
TurboGrafx-16

I've personally have been enjoying watching people on Let's Play of older games rather than doing any gaming myself.  Given the panic on YouTube (whether real or not), I have been thinking about making the switch to Twitch (ha!).  But is Twitch more live streaming rather than archived videos?

Jordan_E

Jordan_E

A Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,349 posts
Sega Saturn

There's a section of the streamers past streams.  I usually watch when I want to convince myself to buy a particular game or get DLC.

Xbox LIVE ID: BoggyCreekBeast

"Oh, by the way, which one's Pink?"

SupahBlah

SupahBlah

Unintelligible

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,443 posts
Sega Genesis

I watch too much twitch lot of Hearthstone streamers at the moment sjow is one of my favourites www.twitch.tv/sjow

ChrisBardon

ChrisBardon

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,605 posts
Sega Saturn

I don't watch many streams (especially not live), but I really like the PAPA TV pinball streams of the major competitions.  Great commentary, and it's awesome watching the best players in the world compete.  It also makes for a pretty crazy camera setup to get overhead, scores, and players in the shot at the same time. 

XBL: ChrisBardon

WiiU: ChrisBardon
PSN: ChrisBardon

Steam: ChrisBardon
3ds: 1203-9229-8620

Wii Code 8228 6930 9356 8350

JoeyN

JoeyN

Official LCVG Twitter Czar

• Moderators
  • 31,641 posts
Dreamcast
I watch Crit Camp, it is a board gaming channel. I forgot about the free sub, gotta do that.

Joey/CaptDS9E XBL|PSN|Twitter|Steam||BGG

Carlucci

Carlucci

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,024 posts
Dreamcast

A pro gamer explains the Twitch money to Joe Rogan

We were born in the wrong decade, gentlemen.

Carlos.

NNyVjJX.png

JoeyN

JoeyN

Official LCVG Twitter Czar

• Moderators
  • 31,641 posts
Dreamcast
Yep

Joey/CaptDS9E XBL|PSN|Twitter|Steam||BGG

Carlucci

Carlucci

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,024 posts
Dreamcast
Check out this awesome and hilarious attempt to make a Zombie mode using real people as zombies in PUBG.

I think it went pretty well and, with refinements in customization options, could become a thing.

http://www.twitch.tv...5?sr=a&t=24936s

If it doesn't automatically start, go to around 6hour, 57 m8nute mark.

Carlos.

NNyVjJX.png

Robot Monkey

Robot Monkey

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 8,968 posts
Dreamcast

Carlos just spent an hour setting me straight:

1. Twitch isn't merely watching people playing games ...

2. It's actually improv.

If you like improv (and I do) give twitch a shot. I watched wee bit of one and, yep, it's improv.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
nowsafe.gif

Carlucci

Carlucci

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,024 posts
Dreamcast
Yeah, the GTA V role playing scene is blowing up right now. Streamers like PMSproxy, Sir Pinkleton00, Lirik, Silent Sentry, and giantwaffle all play around together online and its often funnier than TV.

It's like Ready Player One coming true, whwre people prefer to spend time in a virtual world more than real life.

Be sure to check out YouTube, where they'll post their best escapades, weeding out the slow parts.

Carlos.

NNyVjJX.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users