Edit Style
Primary: LCVG Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: LCVG Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to LCVG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Plex Server Processor upgrade

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Eldorado

Eldorado

Never met with a Russian Ambassador. Honest.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts
Dreamcast

So I don't want to pitch the mobo I'm using that has an LGA 1150 socket.  I've got a low power Pentium G3258 Dual Core 3.2GHZ in it right now.  From time to time it can bog down if I've got two streams going and I'd like to upgrade the cpu to...something. 

Any suggestions for moderately priced 1150 cpu's that will improve performance? A low power cpu would be nice, but not required.  

Thanks

Magness

Magness

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
Sega Saturn
If I remember right the 1150 sockets fit 4x series Core processors right? If so, I'd say a Core i5 - 4670 or something in that line. That would give you 4 cores, 4-8 threads, good performance even for full bitrate files, plenty of overhead for most day to day Plex tasks and (depending on the model) decent integrated graphics.
:Magness

Eldorado

Eldorado

Never met with a Russian Ambassador. Honest.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts
Dreamcast
Yes I do believe I can put I5's and I3's in it.

I've got a GeForce 210 cheapo card. And wasn't too worried about that end.

I'm gonna check Microcenter.

Edit: This looks like a decent price, yeah?

www.microcenter.com/product/434177/Core_i5-4690K_Devil's_Canyon_35_GHz_LGA_1150_Boxed_Processor

Magness

Magness

1-Megabit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
Sega Saturn
I think so yea
:Magness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users