Edit Style
Primary: LCVG Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: LCVG Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to LCVG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Boardgames & Cardgames, oh my!

• Please log in to reply
1803 replies to this topic

JoeyN

JoeyN

Official LCVG Twitter Czar

• Moderators
  • 31,641 posts
Dreamcast
Looking like the table is finally shipping and should be here next Friday . However until it is finally here I will keep my enthusiasm in check.

Joey/CaptDS9E XBL|PSN|Twitter|Steam||BGG

dogbert

dogbert

The Snarky Scotsman (aka Moderator)

• Moderators
  • 16,480 posts
Gamecube
We played Manifest Destiny! BGG says it's my first game of it in 6 years. Was 12 years for one of my friends! Slow to get going as we re-remembered how to play, but it was tight, nasty, take that area control + tech-tree gaming. Loved it.

Old school fold-up glossy paper map. GMT rules. Utter take-that gameplay where you have to hit the leader or fail. I failed. A couple of utterly turns of dice rolls really set me back. Clawed back to second, but the game was effectively done. Called it, because there was no physical way we could prevent the winner.

lYd6bhZ.jpg

So for our usual rotating location "pubgame", we tried out Vigilante, a fancy upscale "games bar" that's finally opened here in Austin after some long delays. It's utterly trying to be a bar where people go to game, with lots of fancy drinks, mood lighting, comfy booths & custom tables, and it looked to do well with the "geeks who are dating" crowd. But it utterly ain't going to work for my regular gaming guys & the large table-space games we play, like Scythe or Terraforming Mars even. And the food was meh. Solid beer list. ;)
What I Play

PSN: fennersblah
XBL: Bairdy2

JoeyN

JoeyN

Official LCVG Twitter Czar

• Moderators
  • 31,641 posts
Dreamcast
I should have wrote down the name of that Sherlock Holmes game. Was in the city and stopped by complete strategist and saw multiple Sherlock games. Did not remember which one it was, and cell service was horrible. Maybe next time. I did pick up The Captain is Dead and One deck dungeon. Really wanted Ethnos, but like everyone else they were OOS.

Also be proud of me. Saw SW Destiny starters and the new booster boxes and resisted.

On the table front, IT FINALLY SHIPPED! and has tracking info. Will be here on Friday unless something happens in transit. Pretty excited.

Joey/CaptDS9E XBL|PSN|Twitter|Steam||BGG

dogbert

dogbert

The Snarky Scotsman (aka Moderator)

• Moderators
  • 16,480 posts
Gamecube
Good on ya, Joey! Sold off one game today, mailed off another. The sell off continues.

Memorial weekend game day, today. While a bunch of other people were playing Mechs vs Minions, Risk Europe, and a bunch of other stuff, our table was focused on Scythe & then Great Western Trail. Two meaty, incremental Euros, both a ton of fun. Closely fought games, lots of banter, a great time. Came home & ordered the metal Scythe coins, they're just ridiculously fun to play with :)
What I Play

PSN: fennersblah
XBL: Bairdy2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users