LCVG
GrumpyElf

Gaming Room

After seeing some of these dedicated theater rooms, this seems pale in comparison, but it's everything I've been wanting :D

We moved into a new house in June, and I finally got around to getting the "gaming room" set up. It's not done, you can see wires on the floor, I have to add some theater type signs (DTS Theater, etc) above the TV, and furniture is still missing, but I'm getting there. I'll watch movies down here as well, but my wife isn't as interested in the, as she calls it, "bat cave, it's so damn cold down there", as I am... so, we watch movies on the upstairs 57"... with a much better audio setup. But this is mainly my Game "man's" Room :tu

The pictures look grainy, I simply don't have much light down here... but you get the idea. I painted the walls a "Theater Red" from the paint store, it's a great flat paint, no reflections.

base.jpg

base2.jpg

And when the wife is involved, we move to my other setup, upstairs... again, we just moved, don't really have any furniture, window treatments, or an audio cabinet just yet...

main.jpg

main2.jpg

I'm getting there... once we sell the old house I'll get the furniture and then fix up the Family Room theater as well... but for now, I'm ready for Bioshock, Heavenly Sword, Halo 3, Ratchet, Metroid, and many more! Finally!

Tom

Tom, it definately does not pale in comparison. I think many of us are jealous of that setup. You are so lucky to have your own game room. Our family room does dual duty as the game room and main TV room. A couple of years ago I had a separate gaming setup, but l lost it when we moved to a house with an unfinished basement. Someday I'll have my own bat cave again.

I'm also very impressed with how much work you've done since June. We've been in our place almost a year and a half and haven't gotten any window treatments yet.

"bat cave, it's so damn cold down there"

LOL that's what we call my HT setup. In the summer its "bat cave, its so damn f%^&% hot down there"

Thanks everyone! I'm really happy about finally having it, and Sparkz, you're probably right, I mean, I know it's a nice setup... it's just not filled with $5000 in speakers and professional calibrated THX equipment and stuff like that.

Romier, you don't have the Sony SXRD, do ya? I thought you went DLP... They do look identical in terms of cabinet! Joey, that 4 foot all black thing on the left side, is a massive power fan, keeps it nice and cool so far!

T.

I like your wall paint choices for both rooms.

Thank you, I give the credit on the family room to my wife, that was her pick, but she didn't really like the Theater Red... to her it "looks like blood, but, it's your room"... she likes it now, it's much nicer when it actually dries and darkens up.

Thread resurrection...

What TV stand are you using in the game room? I am looking for a new one and that looks like it might just work for my needs.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info about the stand, I picked one up this weekend and got it set up in the new place. Unfortunately I'm not going to be staying in the new place for a few more days... no gaming for me for a week.