LCVG
JTello

Upcoming Movies The Trilogy (Part III)

*Admin*

You can check out the first few threads at the links below

Upcoming Movies PT1

Upcoming Movies Part II

*Admin*

Im very happy at Warners decision as I thought Superman Returns was a total bore

Ditto!

I don't know if "rebooting" the franchise will help either. The idea of another incarnation of Superman in anything other than a Justice League type of movie just doesn't seem like a good decision. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but that's my view.

But remember, with the success of The Dark Knight, they'll be making all comic heroes "darker".

So, make his suit black, and give him some scars, a grimace, and a gun.

For a grimace, I will accept either the facial expression, or the purple monster. All good.

In the Batman Beyond episode "The Call" Superman had a black costume which looked good. I don't think they should switch to a new costume. I actually enjoyed the first half of Returns, but it lacked action pieces that a super hero movie should have

?I love ?Guitar Hero? and I think it?s a part of pop culture. I would love to do a ?Guitar Hero? movie, if Activision would ever let me. I?m trying to convince them, but why would you have a movie screw up such a huge franchise? Not that I would make a bad movie. So that would be cool, to do a ?Guitar Hero? movie. ?

--- Brett Ratner.

Did the world need any more proof that the man is a complete and utter twit?

I love reading while taking a shit. I am trying to convince Paramount that "Reading While Shitting" is a phenomenal movie idea and I bet at least 10 people would see it.

-Dean-

Bingo, a movie about 4 People stuck in bathroom stalls without toilet paper. Your a genious

Does anyone remember when Ratner was going to do Superman back in 2002? Maybe now is his chance to try again and deliver a Superman/Guitar Hero crossover that the World is surely waiting for. It could be a nice companion piece to the Batman 3/Samba de Amigo crossover Nolan is planning.

I'd trek up to Austin if I hadn't already met Mr. Campbell on 3 different occasions at various conventions and book signings.... he's a cool guy to meet if you get the chance though.

I know there are a couple Vin fans here in the forum. I am a big fan of the first Fast and the Furious movie (not so much the sequels).... but I saw this trailer today and I think it looks totally awesome. Fast and Furious

Yeah, I saw that trailer before Death Race. It was sweet. This has to be a step up from Tokyo Drift, right?

I see this one falling into Development Hell quicker than you can say "Mother pus bucket!" I hope not, but getting Bill Murray to committ will be difficult.

When this thread got broken off from the last thread, my post ended up being the first one in this new thread, and therefore I defaulted to the 'Thread Starter.'

I was initially very confused, wondering, ... "When the hell did I start a thread called, Upcoming Movies The Trilogy (Part III). " :umm :lol

When this thread got broken off from the last thread, my post ended up being the first one in this new thread, and therefore I defaulted to the 'Thread Starter.'

I was initially very confused, wondering, ... "When the hell did I start a thread called, Upcoming Movies The Trilogy (Part III). " :umm :lol

You clearly notice too much.

THAT SAID... Joey's comment re: elevators wins for funniest of the day.

My question is, for those of you in the film biz... how many of these options actually are produced? Where's the Halo movie, for instance?

Halo movie fell into limbo. I think Jackson wanted to do it but it fell apart somewhere (studios probably didnt want to cough up the dough to produce it the way jackson wanted to do it) Could be mistaken though.

And hey, people pay good money to see movies in elevators.. at Disneyland.

My question is, for those of you in the film biz... how many of these options actually are produced? Where's the Halo movie, for instance?

Right now? Not many. What’s happening is many are being optioned whilst the game to movie market is still unpredictable territory, so the cost of acquiring rights to certain games is going to be cheaper than it would be were movies based on games seeing a boom like comic book inspired movies.

With the barrel being scraped with the comic book adaptations though the studios are looking for something else – by which I naturally mean anything that doesn’t require them to think up and get behind original concepts. What they’re waiting for is the game to movie genre’s X-Men. It’s only going to take one movie to get them all giving game movies the green light, it’s just that they’re all so fickle none of them want to be the one to take the risk to make it. They know the time will come where someone does finally make a successful movie based on a game, so they’ll building up some stock now purchasing rights to various titles.

Even if the movie turns out to be trash, I suspect the one that will kick start things will be Prince of Persia since it’s a Bruckheimer production that Disney will pour an awful lot of money into promoting. The Bioshock movie, if it stays on schedule to be released that same year (2010) may also contribute to the emergence of a game adaptation boom at which point you can probably expect to see Halo get the green light again, and so on - neatly paving the way for the next decade of Hollywood running its legacy into the ground.

Halo fell apart due to bickering between Universal and Fox over the budget as I recall. I always thought it strange that Microsoft didn't just cover the entire budget themselves, make the movie independently then sell the finished product to the highest bidder. Again even if the film was shite - and I struggle to imagine how it could be a particularly interesting movie - it would have had success.

In the meantime Disney have announced a 'Tomorrowland' movie starring The Rock. Not content with basing movies on rides anymore, we're getting them based on entire zones of their amusement park!*

*this is not a joke

I'll be pitching Main Street: The Movie, about the mishaps of a barbershop quartet running a churro stall outside of the Hall of Presidents... with hilarious consequences.

I'll be pitching Main Street: The Movie, about the mishaps of a barbershop quartet running a churro stall outside of the Hall of Presidents... with hilarious consequences.

Hey, that sounds good! :D;)

If they want a good "videogame > movie" adaptatation they need to not nickel and dime the production to death, and they need people to actually play the games, understand what people liked about them and build the film around that. I can understand being nervous about doing it, (movies aren't cheap to make after all) but geez.

Look at the different superhero movie successes and failures:

Meh movie, meh profits:

Fantastic Four has been bleargh since get go because it was originally done on the cheap (the property itself lacks a certain amount of pizzaz but had room and potential if it was executed properly because of Dr Doom, and Galactus). The fudging done with the franchise messed it up, and polluted its success potential. (NOT the actors faults I feel, but the directing/storyline editting/F/X skimping).

Awesome movie, awesome profits:

Batman had serious backing, a director that knew what fans had wanted for years, and a production house that actually let him do the film right. And so it made 500 million. The same can be said of Spiderman 1+2 (3 Raimi didnt like Venom and it showed through in the end product ;\ )

The big problem with the process is that the ppl with the cash are afraid to pander to the comic book/videogame fans enough (there is a limit on how much pandering is rational) and instead try to make the films more "mass market" (completely destroying any integrity the films might've had in the process usually, resulting in an experience that fans dont find satisfying, and the general movie populace doesnt find satisfying either). I'm not saying that some adjustments might not be necessary but understanding the difference between what makes Batman great in the comics and the most recent film, and why the 90s Batman Movies did so poorly Should be obvious. (although that wasnt a budgetting issue, it was a lack of understanding of what appeals to modern fans of Batman)

Yet when the industry supports a director with a strong vision and a passion for the franchise that actually understand what makes the characters/storylines compelling and hires the right actors and invests in the CG/FX, the end result is usually something that people love and flock to. (as long as people don't muck with the core elements too much)

That said, there are always exceptions: release schedules can still botch the success of the title (Hellboy 2, great movie, worst release timing ever) as can a director that gets carried away and let the film bloat too much and/or doesnt get editted enough in post production (examples: Jackson's King Kong, Lucas's Indy 4/Ep 1, 2). Even Iron Man (as great as it was) probably would've been buried under the mountain of movies that Hellboy 2 ran into.

I thought disney already did tommorrowland the movie in "Meet the Robinsons" v.v At least Pirates and Haunted Mansion had movie potential (in theory). They did botch Haunted Mansion somewhat but it had potential to be good :(

At least we're not facing: "It's a small world after all: The movie" (too many people's heads might implode) but seriously. Tommorrowland the movie? /groan

Edited by OzzelsCousinFred