LCVG
JTello

Upcoming Movies The Trilogy (Part III)

No Ramin Djawadi for Pacific Rim Uprising either. :/

John Paesano is scoring the movie (he did the scores for Daredevil and The Defenders)

5 minutes ago, Romier S said:

No Ramin Djawaid for Pacific Rim Uprising either. :/

John Paesano is scoring the movie (he did the scores for Daredevil and The Defenders)

Oh damn. :(

I agree with the concern about the weight issues with the animation. Del Toro is such a skilled artist he understands weight as well as the very best animators working today. It showed in his hands on direction with the CG department in the first movie. 

22 hours ago, Romier S said:

There's a fine line between a Jaeger and a Transformer and some of the weightlessness of some of the robots seems to a bit too close to a Transformer for me. The scale of the Jaeger's and Kaiju were a big part of what made the first film for me. My hopes are high and maybe I'm wrong but something seemed "off" in the regard.

I agree, but I'm wondering if, for the purposes of a trailer, some scenes were sped up to fit the tight editing. That was an impression I had a few times.

....And Troll Hunters on netflix

however I hope Pacific Rim 2 is good.

• Like 1

Walked through a huge film crew presence in East London today and saw a couple of interesting screen vehicles (a cute little electric police car and electric yellow taxi, both rather futuristic). It seems I had stumbled upon filming of Detective Pikachu... which is a thing I’m not sure I knew existed... but reading about it right now is kind of blowing my mind with craziness. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The hype machine and viewers at Sundance are calling this the scariest movie ever.   We'll see.

Carlos.

3 hours ago, Romier S said:

That Mission Impossible trailers was awesome by the way!

He’s a loon. But damn I like his movies. 

Blimey. I remember McQuarrie saying that Cruise had been planning something that he’d been training for for a couple of years. Didn’t realise he meant doing his own helicopter stunts. Madness.