LCVG
JTello

Upcoming Movies The Trilogy (Part III)

19 hours ago, Romier S said:

I may need to break my "no Nic Cage" movies rule for this one. :)

Why would you have such a rule?  It's perfect for him.  A) Every line of dialogue is either whispered or screamed.  and B ) everything in the movie is on fire.

Carlos.

1 hour ago, Carlucci said:

Why would you have such a rule?  It's perfect for him.  A) Every line of dialogue is either whispered or screamed.  and B ) everything in the movie is on fire.

Carlos.

He's so terrible....lol. Outside of one or two of his older films, I just can't stomach the man's acting. However, Mandy looks trippy as fuck and right down my alley and as you said, it looks perfectly suited to him. El's LSD comment just makes me more eager to see it. I'm all for experimental insanity in film. It's why I'm a devout David Lynch fan.:D

32 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Yeah, yeah. To hell with that movie (for MANY reasons). He’s done and is still capable of terrific work.

Outside of Raising Arizona and The Rock - I can't stand the guy. Never ever been a fan. Sorry.:)

New Bumblebee Trailer

This looks decent, has a bit more of the cartoon feel, and feels much less "Bayish".

Still looks promising, yes! Tonally it seems to feel like an 80s movie rathern than noisy contemporary clusterfuck. Shame it isn’t a pure reboot but they at least seem happy to have gone in a different/more classic direction with the bot designs.

Them Generation 1 Robot designs......

:banderas::banderas:

Shockwave, Soundwave, Optimus and Starscream all look superb. Ecstatic that Bay isn't directed. May actually get a worthwhile live action Transformers.

On 9/24/2018 at 12:27 PM, Angry the Clown said:

Still looks promising, yes! Tonally it seems to feel like an 80s movie rathern than noisy contemporary clusterfuck. Shame it isn’t a pure reboot but they at least seem happy to have gone in a different/more classic direction with the bot designs.

I thought it was a prequel set in the 80's.  Is that not correct?  I haven't followed it that closely.

Edit:  Ah.  From the Wiki:

Synopsis[edit]

Twenty years before the events of the first film, in 1987, Bumblebee takes refuge in a small California beach town junkyard, where a teenage girl named Charlie Watson takes him in. However, the two of them soon find themselves hunted by a government agency known as Sector 7, led by Agent Burns. As they run from society, the two learn that Bee isn't the only Transformer on Earth, and that the others might not be as friendly.[4][5]

Yes, I just meant that tonally it has the feel of a kids movie made in the 80s in that wholesome sense. Kind of like the Pete’s Dragon remake (which is really good!) felt like a product of another era. Heck, there’s kind of a Herbie vibe to Bumblebee, as a character, in a sense.

This kind of looks like a live action Transformers movie that I would have imagined as a child, and since the Spielberg influence on Bay’s first was placing emphasis on a story of a boy and his first car, I have no qualms about revisiting that here with a girl and her first car if it means embracing that core idea in a much more rewarding way than Bay managed (as looks to be the case).

3 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Yes, I just meant that tonally it has the feel of a kids movie made in the 80s in that wholesome sense. Kind of like the Pete’s Dragon remake (which is really good!) felt like a product of another era. Heck, there’s kind of a Herbie vibe to Bumblebee, as a character, in a sense.

This kind of looks like a live action Transformers movie that I would have imagined as a child, and since the Spielberg influence on Bay’s first was placing emphasis on a story of a boy and his first car, I have no qualms about revisiting that here with a girl and her first car if it means embracing that core idea in a much more rewarding way than Bay managed (as looks to be the case).

Ohhhh...now I get you.  :)  Feel free to ignore me.  

It looks like they're sporting the "New X-Men" Grant Morrison run costumes.

512Xw6m4MaL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg 

Looks pretty good. I didn't hate Apocalypse but it *was* indeed a substantial step down from Days of Future Past. Hopefully this is a return to form. I didn't realize Jessica Chastain was in this.