LCVG
JTello

Upcoming Movies The Trilogy (Part III)

And there's me having exactly the same reaction as I have to all the others: "I've seen this already. It's on the shelf at home. Why?"

Worldwide gross of $1.26B for Beauty & The Beast suggests it's just me, obviously.

26 minutes ago, iainl said:

And there's me having exactly the same reaction as I have to all the others: "I've seen this already. It's on the shelf at home. Why?"

Worldwide gross of $1.26B for Beauty & The Beast suggests it's just me, obviously.

No - I kind of agree with you.  I had no real interest in seeing or owning Hermione and the Buffalo.  On the other hand, Beauty and the Beast was never one of my favorite Disney movies.  I liked Aladdin, but I'm still not crazy about the live action remakes.  We'll see.  Maybe the kids will want to see it and I'll like it.

1 hour ago, PackFan said:

No - I kind of agree with you.  I had no real interest in seeing or owning Hermione and the Buffalo.  On the other hand, Beauty and the Beast was never one of my favorite Disney movies.  I liked Aladdin, but I'm still not crazy about the live action remakes.  We'll see.  Maybe the kids will want to see it and I'll like it.

Hemione and the Buffalo was also vastly inferior to the original which makes it easier to avoid these. I was open to them initially but if they’re just going to remake the same movie in live action and make it inferior - what’s the point? I know the point for Disney ($$$). As a viewer, I’ll stick the originals. 

Also Will Smith as the genie?

200.gif

I guess you might as well take it in a totally different direction but that’s such an iconic role defined by Williams’ performance - why bother?

Immensely disappointed Ritchie directing has not resulted in Alan Ford voicing the Cave of Wonders.

MV5BNDQxODkwNDQxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQx

"Who disturbs by faackin' slumber?"

These remakes are not for me, but keep making them because eventually they'll run out.... at which point we'll probably revert to square one and get computer animated re-imaginings. 

Watch this trailer, then read the spoiler tag. (not a movie spoiler)

Spoiler

Best jump scare in a trailer, right? I squirted a bit.

Carlos. 

1 hour ago, Angel P said:

Saw this trailer before "Halloween."  Looks crazy good!  

I also saw a trailer for "Happy Death Day 2U" which shockingly, I cannot find on YouTube.  The first was an unexpected delight, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the second one.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Whooter said:

Saw this trailer before "Halloween."  Looks crazy good!  

I also saw a trailer for "Happy Death Day 2U" which shockingly, I cannot find on YouTube.  The first was an unexpected delight, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the second one.

I'd watched Happy Death Day for the first time literally the day before I saw Halloween, so I timed that out nicely since the trailer is spoilerific. The first one was fun, and I'm curious in the sequel just for how they look like they are rebuilding scenes Back to the Future style 😁

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Angel P said:

Nice. I’ve yet to see Happy Death Day so might add it to my challenge before the 31st. 

Do it!  It's a Groundhog Day ripoff that knows it's a Groundhog Day ripoff and has a lot of fun with it.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Whooter said:

Do it!  It's a Groundhog Day ripoff that knows it's a Groundhog Day ripoff and has a lot of fun with it.

Yep it was a fun one.  I need to watch it again once I get done with all these netflix shows that pop up every week.

• Like 2

I didn’t get a chance to watch Happy Death Day during my challenge but I did order it so I’ll watch it soon.  

• Like 1

Toy Story 4 Teaser has hit. Here’s a synopsis:

Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called “Forky” to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy.

That’s interesting. I knew the film had gone through changes, but I didn’t know they had totally scrapped the premise of Woody trying to find BoPeep. Poor Bo is lost forever. 

That looks rather fun! Great to see a lot of the vehicles and locations I walked into when they were filming in London (I saw those Ryme City taxis, police cars and the building east London that they turned into the police station earlier in the year. Quite surreal).