LCVG
JTello

Upcoming Movies The Trilogy (Part III)

I still think it looks really promising. As I think I said the last time I like that they’re making it more unique than the other in unimaginative animated to live action adaptations. 

If Fred Savage stops him and asks "Is this a kissing book?" I will lose my shit.  To this day we cannot watch a  movie with our kids without someone making that comment during a kissing scene. Mostly it's me.

Carlos.

On 11/19/2018 at 10:04 AM, Romier S said:

OMG....

LMAO!

I do NOT want to know what the Beatles produced by Nickelback would be like. 

I’m sure someone is working on that as we speak. 

FUUUUUU...

That movie looks like my 10 year old selfs wildest monster dream. That last shot with Ghidora and the king charging each other! *faints*

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

Not feeling it. 

I really enjoyed the Del Toro / Pearlman Hellboy movies, something feels off here, but I'll give it a chance.

And if you weren't feeling that, you definitely won't be feeling this.

Aladdin-Genie-Reaction8.jpg?quality=85&s

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, NickC said:

I really enjoyed the Del Toro / Pearlman Hellboy movies, something feels off here, but I'll give it a chance.

I think that’s the turnoff here. The Del Toro films are, as one would expect, visual sumptuous whereas this looks sterile.

5 hours ago, NickC said:

And if you weren't feeling that, you definitely won't be feeling this.

Aladdin-Genie-Reaction8.jpg?quality=85&s

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I’ll agree with the Hellboy comments. If Del Toro had not already made two stellar Hellboy movies, I’d be way more apt to give that trailer more leeway. 

The Golden Army in particular is superb and hard to beat. This new movie looks downright amateurish by comparison.

• Like 2

Three in a row throwbacks.... :)

Ranking the three for me:

1) MIB           - Ragnarok Reunion

2) Hellboy     - Tone felt weird

3) Aladdin     - I haven't really liked any of these disney live action remakes.  Not starting now

1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

Nice to see that Bumblebee is getting good reviews. 

Going to see it after the new year. Almost forgot I had aquaman tickets for tonight, days are flying by.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeyN said:

Almost forgot I had aquaman tickets for tonight...

Easily done I'm sure. :Cruise:

Every time I have seen the Bumblebee trailers I've been really hopeful about it. It's doubtful I will go to see it at the cinema, but we'll see if I can catch a cheap screening in the New Year otherwise I will wait to rent it on iTunes. I hope they manage to make more without ever having to obviously tie it into the previous movies.

I enjoyed aquaman. I was really not expecting much, just wanted to have a fun time and I did. I really liked the soundtrack, and Amber Heard is Mera come to life. She just looks the part.  They could have left Black Manta out until the next film and trimmed 20 minutes,

I was in half way then it totally lost me.  Some of the acting was bad, especially from the actor playing Black Manta.  Movie was definitely too long and borrowed from too many other movies.  There were scenes here that reminded me of Clash of the TItans, Tomb Raider, Fast and the Furious, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, one of the Star Wars prequels, etc.  It was exhausting how ambitious it was and the humor was forced.  

I never go in expecting much from a DC movie but I was really hoping to love it because I’m a huge fan of James Wan’s horror films. Wonder Woman continues to be the best DCCU movie.  I even enjoyed Justice League more than this.

EDIT: just came upon this review which i mostly agree with except my eyes were starting to glaze over halfway through.  

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/aquaman/review/

• Like 1