LCVG
JTello

Upcoming Movies The Trilogy (Part III)

Wonderful new trailer for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/thecuriouscaseofbenjaminbutton/

I still think Fincher sits head and shoulders above other directors shooting digitally. He and his dp have clearly made a beautiful looking movie and I rarely find myself saying that of anything shot in HD.

I have to say I am very interested in seeing JCVD (Jean-Claude Van Damme) now. Every review I have read the last few days says its a very good film

I'm there also, but I gotta wonder was the marketing whizzes at Disney are thinking about this one. They had troubles with both Ratatouille and Wall-E in marketing the movie and Merchandise. The must be wondering what the hell they're going to do with this one. Flying toy houses and old man action figures?

I bet they can't wait for Cars 2.

I think when the marketing gets to show the adventure side of the story where, according to the original press blurbs, the two protagonists are faced with “wild terrain, unexpected villains and jungle creatures” it’ll excite audiences more, and open the market for toys and so on. Having said that, I've given up trying to guess public reaction to Pixar films after stupid people failed to make Wall-E the monumental success I was really expecting it to be.

I’m disappointed that Pixar are bowing to 3D starting with ‘Up’ – particularly when there were alleged reports that many internally feel it is a gimmick (though Lasseter claims to be keen).

Friday the 13th looks decent by this trailer, even with the attached producer.

I'm sure it will end up being a sound bit of filmmaking. That's faint praise I know but that's what I thought of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. A decent film that comes nowhere near the original. With Friday the 13th, Marcus Nispel/Bay have a far better chance of exceeding expectations. I pretty much consider every Friday film to be shit. Sure some of its is fun cheesy slasher shit, but shit nonetheless. The original is the only one with any sense of horror to it and even it's subpar IMHO. Nowhere to go but up.:)

Back in the day, we had fun going to see the Friday the 13th movies in the theaters, until it started getting down into Jason in Space and goes on vacation to NY. But those first two or three were good times.

Agreed. Most of them came out during my teen years and I could always count on them around Easter time. :) They were no longer fun for me from A New Blood on down though.

And I'll incur the wrath of those here and say that I much prefer the remake of Massacre over the original, which I also saw as a teenager. For some strange reason, it did nothing for me.

I too prefer the remake to TCM, mainly because I couldn't stand the girl screaming through the last hour of the movie...she just got on my nerves the movie stopped being scary. :)

The first Friday film is okay. Not very good, but not very bad. I like Friday 4 where they "kill" Jason (ha-ha) and 6 because it was funny and didn't take itself seriously, but none of them are above two out of five stars in my book. This new one looks...okay.

And hey, it has to be better than the remake of Halloween! I can't believe they are making a sequel to THAT!

And I'll incur the wrath of those here and say that I much prefer the remake of Massacre over the original, which I also saw as a teenager. For some strange reason, it did nothing for me.

I too prefer the remake to TCM

You both need to share whatever high quality drug induced you to make such silly comments.:D

Karate Kid, Chitty Chitty Bang Band and "The Smurfs" are all being remade

http://www.contentagenda.com/articleXml/LN885154164.html?industryid=45175

Among the many decidedly softer-edge projects the studio is developing are adaptations of "Goosebumps" and "Smurfs" and remakes of "The Karate Kid," "Ghostbusters"

Smurfs will be ala "Alvin and the Chipmunks".

Word on the Karate Kid remake

and a remake of 1984's "The Karate Kid," with his(Will Smith)'s son Jaden in the lead role.

It's loud and bombastic and looks decent. I want to believe but... but MCG! MCG!!!

I was trying to write a post that would be all, "Come on, he directed..." ...

But, yeah, there's nothing. The video for "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" ?

Still... screenplay credits include Paul Haggis, Shawn Ryan & Jonathan Nolan... there's gotta be some hope there.

It’s an inoffensive trailer, but no hint of anything new or compelling (visually or with the story). We’ll see. Outside of the director the production team does seem to make it more of an encouraging prospect than Terminator 3 ever was, and Bale himself agreeing to do it still intrigues me. I’ve never been convinced that there was anything more to say after T2 though.

looks like Mad Max with robots.

I won't pay to see a film directed by McG. I struggle even to type his goofy ass "name".