LCVG
JTello

Upcoming Movies The Trilogy (Part III)

That Spider-Man trailer is totally out of nowhere, totally unexpected, and looks awesome. AND is getting a cinema release!

4 minutes ago, dogbert said:

That Spider-Man trailer is totally out of nowhere, totally unexpected, and looks awesome. AND is getting a cinema release!

There was a great trailer in December too. 

It really does look fantastic. Phil Lord wrote the screenplay.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:47 AM, Angry the Clown said:

Now that I also see that the Laika animator and Kubo and Two Strings director is behind it I'm inclined to feel the same way.

Just watched the trailer and looked into who was directing and yeah - color me interested. It looks like they rid Bumblebee of the overdesigned look of the Bay movies, too. We also get a small glimpse of G1 Starscream in the trailer. Perhaps we finally get at least a worthwhile Transformers movie?

I mean this:

sI5Pv5g.jpg 

Compared to this disaster:

comicave-aoe-optimus-prime+bumblebee-009

5 minutes ago, Romier S said:

Just watched the trailer and looked into who was directing and yeah - color me interested. It looks like they rid Bumblebee of the overdesigned look of the Bay movies, too. We also get a small glimpse of G1 Starscream in the trailer. Perhaps we finally get at least a worthwhile Transformers movie?

It's been mentioned a lot online since the trailer landed but the fact you can identify Bumblebee as a silhouette puts the film leagues ahead of the Bay effort. It's a pity it's still the same universe really.

If the first Transformers movie would have followed that design ethos for all of the bots, it would have been a whole different world.

This is the original G1 design:

34782983_10214728836326099_6395240706432 

sI5Pv5g.jpg 

Again, yeah I'm freaking down for that shit. I hope we get at least a glimpse of a proper Optimus design somewhere along the lines. My only fear is that the movie does end up being good and bombs due to the reputation and general fatigue of the other movies.

3 minutes ago, Romier S said:

My only fear is that the movie does end up being good and bombs due to the reputation and general fatigue of the other movies.

....and men in their 30s and 40s who freak out because it's got a female lead.

Anybody catching Hereditary this week? My horror movie friend and I are off to see it tomorrow night!

I’m very, very excited. 93% on RT right now and apparently one of the best horror movies in years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Looks very promising. 

Agreed.  This trailer flew under my radar yesterday.  On my autumn list.  Good cast.  Good director.  

I don't understand why Burton keeps getting financial backing and creative support. His projects always sound promising on paper but he turns everything into a frustrating, "what if a good director had that project?" question.

• Like 1

I think that looks lovely. I was expecting a generic almost direct repeat of the animated story that we've had thus far with Disney's live action adaptations, but that this is more obviously pursuing different directions is very encouraging. 

• Like 1

A far better trailer than the first one but ugh at the need to have a predator for the predators. You know, the original creature was already pretty damned great. Still utterly blegh on the whole thing. :/

I'm not entirely sure the film has anything new to say about Elizabethan politics yet, but I can't knock their casting...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iainl said:

I'm not entirely sure the film has anything new to say about Elizabethan politics yet, but I can't knock their casting...

Yeah I just want to see it because of the cast.

• Like 1