LCVG
JTello

Upcoming Movies The Trilogy (Part III)

And that list doesn’t even include Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse which has been universally loved.  Better than just about every movie in that list, IMO.  

• Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 7:31 PM, JoeyN said:

Yep people are getting sick of super hero films. 7 out of the top 10 films WW. 😂😂

26422E33-A916-44E4-81C7-EC24F73A9D2A.jpeg

The "people" also put Trump in office.

• Haha 2

On 10/11/2018 at 11:46 PM, Romier S said:

Awesome. Please be good!

Not according to EW, Mashable, Indiewire or SlashFilm. 😕

1 hour ago, Angel P said:

Not according to EW, Mashable, Indiewire or SlashFilm. 😕

Indiewire and Mashable didn’t like Split either while the other two were ok with it but hardly glowing. So yeah...movie reviews. About as useful to me as game reviews these days in determining what I go see or play.

In other words, I’m going to see Glass regardless and I’ll judge for myself. If it’s shit, then so be it but I’ve liked plenty of movies reviewers hated.

• Like 2

Of course.  Didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't see it or would't enjoy it.  Just doing what we all do when reviews come in for something we're looking forward to.

I'll also be going to see it.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NickC said:

Star Trek 4 has been shelved

Maybe I already ranted.  But the last Star Trek was atrocious.  Not just average, but I legitimately thought it was terrible movie like Man of Steel, Jurassic World 2, and the Transformers movies.    Gag.  It is so offensive because I LOVE the first one and liked the second one.

Can I rant? I’ll watch Star Trek Beyond ten times over the forgettable rehashed nonsense that was “Into Darkness”. Beyond felt like an expanded episode but at least it was a good episode as opposed to the nonsensical Wrath of Khan ripoff the second movie was.

I too enjoyed the original but it’s sequel gets worse with every viewing while the third movie gets more entertaining with its superior character interplay and focus.

• Like 3

Beyond is marvellous; tonally it's a lot lighter, visually it's far more into colour rather than everything being white but I'm fine with that. The Beasties moment is admittedly divisive, but I'm on the side of finding it hilarious rather than scene-breakingly ridiculous. 

Into Darkness certainly has its moments with a couple of great action scenes, but the Khan thing is a poor move. Anyone who knows and loves the old Wrath of Khan is going to find the big sequence of self-sacrifice and saying goodbye devoid of the emotion they hope to piggyback, because even in the cinema it was telegraphed what we're doing, and it's just a case of sitting there and waiting for them to get it over with, like putting up with 6th-form students quoting an entire Monty Python sketch at each other.

I would love to know how someone who's only ever seen the Kelvin timeline feels about it, and whether it works without that context. Because it really doesn't with it.

I liked Into Darkness for the "throwbacks" it gave to Wrath of Khan the first time I saw it, but I don't think it holds up well on repeat viewings.  That and the fact that the whole Khan's blood thing seemed like lazy writing.

I'm a bit concerned over the lack of movement on a sequel as far as what it means for the future of the movie franchise... but I guess we'll see.

3 hours ago, PackFan said:

I'm a bit concerned over the lack of movement on a sequel as far as what it means for the future of the movie franchise... but I guess we'll see.

With that most recent news, I'm guessing we won't see another Star Trek movie for a good long while.  Maybe not until DISCO has been on for a few years.  We're probably done with the Kelvin timeline for all intents and purposes.

I rented the most recent MI a couple weeks ago looking for some "turn off my brain" entertainment. Through perseverance and sheer hope that something fun/worthwhile/interesting would happen, I managed to sit through the entire mess of a film. Even with a brain in the off position it was work to watch. 

9 hours ago, NickC said:

Ghostbusters is getting rebooted back to the original timeline in the present day. Jason Reitman to direct. 2020 release.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/01/15/new-ghostbusters-movie-jason-reitman/

I tried to watch the most recent ghostbusters.  I couldn't watch it.  The very first dialog scene was supposed to be really cute and funny, but I wasn't feeling it.

I think it will be hard to re-capture the magic of that first movie.   So much of it was the actors and their performances.  It wasn't the "ghost busting" that was the heart of the movie.  It was the characters.  Who knows, maybe they can pull it off.