LCVG
kelley

Apple Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, Graeme said:

How do you find the performance overall of iOS 11 on your 6? My sister was messaging me last night complaining about performance with it on her 6 but I have no experience with it on the 6. From what I read it seems to run alright, so she may have other issues (lack of storage space might be my first guess). 

It's been OK for me. I've spotted the odd lag issue here and there, but nothing overly bothersome. Certainly nothing to compel me to upgrade just yet, though this is the first time with an iOS11 build that I have noticed my battery draining a lot quicker so I will continue to monitor things. I'm so keen to buy my next iPhone outright, free of a contract, that I really don't want to have to make that investment just yet. 

The X launch was one of the weirdest I've seen from Apple.  I set my alarm and was ready at 2 am when the preorders started.  Got in a few minutes past the hour for my wife's and about 5 minutes past the hour for mine.  Instead of being able to complete the orders, it gave me a 'reservation' for both because the AT&T line confirmation was having issues.

When I finally got the emails to complete the orders later that day, both had a delivery window of Nov 17-24.  Not bad, but I hate waiting when a new product is out there.  Then, launch day came, and there were reports of tons on them being available at launch in Apple Stores.  According on online reports, some people were seeing their shipment dates move up, but mine stayed right where they were.  Then, I got the tip that Saturday (the day after launch), you would be able to order to pick up in the Apple Store once again, and that store stock would refresh online at 6 am.  So - I checked at 6 am, and sure enough - there was stock at every Apple Store in the Twin Cities.  Canceled both preorders and picked them up that Saturday.  I've never seen Apple put so much priority on in-store stock over preorders before.

So far, I've been very happy with my X.  Screen is beautiful.  Got used to the new gestures rather quickly - so much so that I want to use them when I go back to my iPad.  Battery life is very good.  My only gripe coming from the 6S Plus is that the keyboard in portrait mode is a little narrow compared to what I am used to.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PackFan said:

Got used to the new gestures rather quickly - so much so that I want to use them when I go back to my iPad.  Battery life is very good. 

It seems only logical that the new iPads will drop the home button and incorporate facial recognition. I'd expect the next MacOS to use it too.

Hopefully I can get an X or an Xs or whatever next year.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PackFan said:

I've never seen Apple put so much priority on in-store stock over preorders before.

I think they wanted lines. After the non event the iPhone 8 was, and the negative press that followed, I think they really wanted to show that THIS is the next big thing.