LCVG
SCREWNUT

British TV shows are the BEST!!!

Some clips of a BBC show "Bodyguard" have popped up on my Youtube feed.  One looked particularly good, showing an assassination attempt.  Is this a good show?

Carlos.

• Like 1

Recently watched (and loved) Bodyguard, and as a result started Line of Duty last night. The first two episodes are incredible.

I know I'm late to the party on this :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jubjub75 said:

Recently watched (and loved) Bodyguard, and as a result started Line of Duty last night. The first two episodes are incredible.

I know I'm late to the party on this :)

I love, love, love Line of Duty. Don't read up on it, just watch all of it :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dogbert said:

I love, love, love Line of Duty. Don't read up on it, just watch all of it :) 

I NEVER read up on shows before watching them. I like going in fresh. My wife, on the other hand, will be reading Wikipedia about the show WHILE watching it. Drives me nuts.

The events at the end of episode 2 caught me completely off guard! Can't wait to see what's next!

• Haha 1

We finished Line of Duty s1 yesterday and started s2. This is up there with The Wire and Breaking Bad as "Best Show Ever". Terrific, terrific writing with tons of great (but believable) twists. I have been genuinely shocked more times in seven episodes than a lot of shows during their whole run. I LOVE this show!

For those in the US, it's on Hulu until the end of February.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 9:06 AM, jubjub75 said:

We finished Line of Duty s1 yesterday and started s2. This is up there with The Wire and Breaking Bad as "Best Show Ever". Terrific, terrific writing with tons of great (but believable) twists. I have been genuinely shocked more times in seven episodes than a lot of shows during their whole run. I LOVE this show!

If you thought season one was good, you're going to love season two. Oh and three is even better. :)

• Like 1

Finished s2 of Line of Duty last night. Absolutely terrific! Can't wait to start s3 this weekend. I love how many surprises they cram in and how characters pop back up periodically.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 8:24 AM, jubjub75 said:

Finished s2 of Line of Duty last night. Absolutely terrific! Can't wait to start s3 this weekend. I love how many surprises they cram in and how characters pop back up periodically.

Jeff, you magnificent bastard!  Line of Duty is amazing!  We blazed through season 1 and 2 this weekend.   Hoping we can get through season 4 (each season is 6 episodes, except 1st season, which is 5), before it disappears off Hulu.  Next, it's going to AcornTV, which can be had for $5/month, so if we have to go there to finish it, we will.  

Highest recommendation!  This show is taut and tense.  The best cop show I've seen since The Wire.

Carlos.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2019 at 2:51 PM, Carlucci said:

Jeff, you magnificent bastard!  Line of Duty is amazing!  We blazed through season 1 and 2 this weekend.   Hoping we can get through season 4 (each season is 6 episodes, except 1st season, which is 5), before it disappears off Hulu.  Next, it's going to AcornTV, which can be had for $5/month, so if we have to go there to finish it, we will.  

Highest recommendation!  This show is taut and tense.  The best cop show I've seen since The Wire.

Carlos.

We finished s3 last night. Spoiler, Carlos: you're going to love it :)

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 9:55 AM, jubjub75 said:

We finished s3 last night. Spoiler, Carlos: you're going to love it :)

I did love it! And we already finished season 4 too, equally great.  Now we wait for season 5.

Carlos.  

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 9:53 AM, Carlucci said:

I did love it! And we already finished season 4 too, equally great.  Now we wait for season 5.

Carlos.  

We wrapped up s4 Saturday night. I thought it was really good, but not quite as good as the previous 3 seasons. However, it was still about a 9 out of 10, so please don't think I disliked it :)

Season 5 can't get here soon enough! I'll probably have to get AcornTV for a month :)

I think Killing Eve is in our near future. I've heard too many good things to ignore it any longer!

• Like 1

Started s4. I must say, half way through the s3 finale, I wanted to chuck my remote through the tv but the ending was so gratifying. :)

I’ve seen ads for BritBox, wouldn’t it be on that streaming service?

Loved the Partridge return. Part throwback to Knowing Me, Knowing You with a dash of the Larry Sanders Show and continuation of the brilliant documentary formats established in the Sky specials.

There’s a hygiene joke that made me roar with laughter. 

• Like 1

(I know damn well about The Larry Sanders Show, but the idea of you reading that comment and making your eyeball twitch Inspector Dreyfus-style was too much to resist.)

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2019 at 9:26 AM, jubjub75 said:

I wish this is how I would’ve watched it.  Saw and loved all 4 seasons of Line of Duty first.  Then started and finished Bodyguard.  Really good but nowhere near as good as LoD.  

On 2/11/2019 at 10:06 AM, jubjub75 said:

It’s still on Hulu.