LCVG
foogledricks

Android Apps, Devices, Etc.

Yeah yeah, I love my Droid. But let's face it, what I really love, or what I will likely be talking about for a long time to come, is Android, devices that use it, and applications that are made for it.

Surprisingly Fun Game

Abduction

I'm still in the honeymoon phase, so I scour the Android market for apps every other day and find interesting things.

Most Used App

BeyondPod (Podcast downloader, syncs with Google Reader)

Most Under Used App That's Awesome

Car Home (GPS, Google Map application).. I almost wish my life was different where I could use this more.

Most Useful Widget

Power Control (Turn on/off everything you might want to turn on/off like GPS)

How in the heck did George Lucas get the copyright to the term "Droid". I see that they have to include a disclaimer that it is "used with permission" on every TV commercial. Wasn't that term around long before Star Wars? Or was he the first to shorten Android to 'Droid?

Carlos.

If I had T-Mobile I would so hit that. :)

Too bad I just upped my AT&T Contract 2 years by getting a 3GS. Perhaps in 2 years I can think about getting a Supernova Two Android phone or whatever it'll be :D

Also, from what I understand... this phone doesn't have a multi-touch screen?

The screen is multi touch, but Apple owns the multi-touch patents.

You couldn't have made that more confusing. ;)

You couldn't have made that more confusing. ;)

The screen is multi-touch capable. They just haven't programmed it to respond to multiple inputs...

The screen is multi-touch capable. They just haven't programmed it to respond to multiple inputs...

Because they don't want to pay Apple for the rights to do it, like Palm did.

My wife will likely get an Android phone this year. Perhaps this is it. I'm excited to get Android 2.1 on my Droid. There has been no confirmation of that though. But I expect it.

I've had the Driod for about a week now and absolutely love it. I bought the multimedia station for it as well. That along with Pandora makes a great little radio for my desk at work.

The Verizon Where App is pretty slick as well. Local gas prices, traffic, news, movies, all in one little place.

I picked up the Nexus One on launch day and love it so far, upgrading myself from the MyTouch. Can't wait to see more apps coming out that take advantage of the faster hardware.

The speech to text is pretty spot on and the noise cancellation seems to work pretty great while using it. Even in a noisy environment it managed to work fine (speech to text).

I contacted Chipolte restaurant to ask when they would create an Android app, since the iphone one is so cool. They responded. And then I responded.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM, <ddillon@chipotle.com> wrote:

Keith,

We will likely have more apps available someday and we thank you for your patience until then.

Sincerely,

Dawn

Dawn Dillon | Marketing Consultant

Chipotle Mexican Grill

MY RESPONSE

Thank you Dawn for your answer. I appreciate your response, but I cannot restrain myself from awarding you this months "Non-committal Ambiguous Answer" award on behalf of the Android-based smartphone community. Your award plaque will likely be sent to you someday. ; )

I contacted Chipolte restaurant to ask when they would create an Android app, since the iphone one is so cool. They responded. And then I responded.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM, <ddillon@chipotle.com> wrote:

MY RESPONSE

Thank you Dawn for your answer. I appreciate your response, but I cannot restrain myself from awarding you this months "Non-committal Ambiguous Answer" award on behalf of the Android-based smartphone community. Your award plaque will likely be sent to you someday. ; )

LOL, awesome! The best is that it wasn't an auto-generated response, she actually put 'thought' into in the response, and that's the best she could come up with.

I've got myself a Droid to mess around & with do some development on, but I'm keen to see what's out there to play/use in the Marketplace. Any updates on favourite apps/games?

Wasn't that term around long before Star Wars? Or was he the first to shorten Android to 'Droid?

Yeah, seriously first to shorten it to droid & thus the trademark. Android is free to use & has been in use for hundreds of years.

Can't really justify a tablet given that I have a perfectly good laptop, desktop, and smartphone at my disposal. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be a new cool toy. But, if I ever get one, it will probably be one of these Android babies.

Google Voice, Geobeagle, jewels, pandora, places, beyondpod, tower raiders, fios, weather channel,keepassdroid, engadget

Hey Foogle (and anyone else),

I'm considering getting a Droid (Milestone up here in Canada) after much pondering between that and an iPhone. One big thing I'm wondering, how are the games for the Droid? I know you listed your favourites, but would you say you have any great games loaded up, or just your favourites on a "decent" gaming device? Are there any games that are good graphically? I don't think graphics will always be my top concern for mobile gaming, but it's got a nice screen, so I'm wondering if games ever do a good job leveraging it.

Anyways, I think I've got my mind made up, but would like to know that there are at least a couple of kick-butt games out there.

Thanks!

Roy