LCVG
foogledricks

Android Apps, Devices, Etc.

So I'm thinking of upgrading from the S4 to the S7.  Anybody think this a good step or should I go for the S7 Edge?  I'm also thinking of getting the Samsung VR as well.

I think it's a great idea.  I love my S6 Edge.  The one thing I wish I had was a slightly larger screen and the S7 Edge corrects that.  The new camera sounds fantastic too (and the S6 camera is already pretty damn good). 

I got the Note 5 over the s6 edge+ last year, mainly because I thought the edge gimmick was dumb, and the stylus gimmick might be slightly more useful.  If you're going with the smaller screen though, try the edge out first.  I can see the curved screen getting annoying, and triggering things by accident when you're holding the phone. 

The Gear VR is awesome though. I got one last December, and for the price, it's a great way to get into VR.  No wires, some fun games, and some cool "experience" things that give you the idea of what's possible.  Not as good as a rift/vive, but a whole lot less cash too (aren't they still free if you buy an S7/edge?). 

I got the Note 5 over the s6 edge+ last year, mainly because I thought the edge gimmick was dumb, and the stylus gimmick might be slightly more useful.  If you're going with the smaller screen though, try the edge out first.  I can see the curved screen getting annoying, and triggering things by accident when you're holding the phone. 

The Gear VR is awesome though. I got one last December, and for the price, it's a great way to get into VR.  No wires, some fun games, and some cool "experience" things that give you the idea of what's possible.  Not as good as a rift/vive, but a whole lot less cash too (aren't they still free if you buy an S7/edge?). 

I believe that promotion was preorder only.

Hi guys, I'm looking for a game for a buddy and I to play together on our Android phones and looking for suggestions.  We're currently playing Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes in the same guild, but the time requirements are getting pretty steep.  We had played some Hearthstone and XCOM previously.  It's always fun when we're playing the same game so we can compare notes, but it would be even better if we could do something Co-op on our phones.

I'm not sure any games exist that fit all of these criteria, but I'd say this is the order of importance.

1) Asynchronous.  Most of the game shouldn't require us to be available at the same time.  This doesn't happen often, and when it does we usually hook up for PC gaming.  

2) 'Quick rounds' - We both have families, so ideally something you can drop in and out of at will.  One of the issues with Hearthstone for example was that games were live and required 5-10 minutes of mostly uninterrupted attention.

3) Co-op.  Versus multi is fine too, but it would be cool if we could take turns or both contribute to a common goal somehow.

4) Game type.  We like RPGs, strategy, that sort of thing.  We're not looking for Words With Friends, Draw something or Trivia.

I did some browsing online, but figured I'd see if anyone had any good suggestions here as well.

Thanks!