LCVG
Romier S

The forum remembers another fallen friend - Anthony G

About the last thing I thought I would ever have to do is to post something like this so soon after losing Covak. I almost didn't do this post period as Joey offered but I just wouldn't feel right. I was sent a PM tonight letting me know Anthony Galante had passed on. Folks on this forum would know him better as Anthony G. I doubt many here would NOT know Anthony in much the same way that many of us knew Covak.

For me, I'm not going to lie - I'm bordering on tears at this point and am just about numb. I quite literally played Madden with him on Monday and he joined Joey and myself for our MNF chat. He and I were supposed to hop on this weekend for a rematch since I finally kicked his butt after he had handed me mine a few times in a row. I want to say more but I literally just can't right now. There are no details on his death as of yet. If I'm allowed, I will post them.

Please feel free to remember him in much the same way we did Covak. I'll stick this and it will remain stickied much like his thread as well. I'll be back later to post a few memories after I have some time to digest (if that's even a good word) this.

Two young souls lost in such a short period of time.

R.I.P Anthony G

[ATTACH]4095[/ATTACH]

Anthony My Brother... I love you man... You will truly be missed for everything you have ever done to this forum.. Sitting hear right now im in tears. For never meeting you in person, I felt like you were my neighbor that i saw and talked to every day.. I will never forget our rainbow six matches.. However What i will miss most about you is... Deadliest Catch Matches... Playing for hours just catching King Crab... God Bless You and Love you Bro.!

Like Romier, I really do not know what to say. The three of us did our Monday Night Football chat cheering on the Giants, and bashing his Jets, and that was the last time I talked to Anthony.

I consider everyone from the forum a friend, but there are a group of people I do know more personally. People I have met in person, hang out with a few times a year, and talk to daily. Anthony was one of those people. I talk to him every single day, unless one of us is busy with work. This just really hurts, and I have no more words at the moment.

Heard the news a few minutes before your post and still cannot believe it. Shocking. Thoughts and prayers are with Anthony's family.

Absolute shock. So sad that we are having another one of these threads. Just cannot believe it. So young, so much life left to share.

I don;t know what to say. I cannot count the amount of hours that I played Madden, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Rainbow Six, CoD, etc with Anthony. I am in just utter shock, I will miss you Anthony. :(

-Dean-

I recently apologized to Anthony. I had realized that I had been consuming his deals that he would post, for a long time, without thanking him. So I PMed him to appologize for not being as appreciative as I should be. This was his response just a few weeks ago:

It's just nice to hear once in awhile especially when I'm looking everyday for good deals for everyone. Thanks, Ant.
He took great pride in collecting and sharing deals with us all. And I'm sure I speak for all of us. Thank you Anthony. We all appreciated your efforts.

oh....wow.

I dont know what to say. Anthony was one of the original guys to befriend me LCVG when I came over from the other forum. We played games together with Romier, joey and phil. I remember him most in Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 and 2. I never knew what he looked like...but I enjoyed his voice. It was always so calm and he was super friendly.

I will miss you anthony. :(

Just terrible news!

I have nothing but positive memories of Anthony! He really seemed to enjoy LCVG and his enthusiasm was infectious. He was always ready and willing to participate in any activities we have going on, and he would always keep the conversation going when we were gaming.

There's not a single Xbox Live game that I own/have owned that I haven't managed to play with Anthony at some point. I'm going to miss playing and chatting with our good friend. R.I.P. Anthony

Oh man. Two amazing guys in such rapid succession. Anthony was a great person from what I knew of him and he was always around on Live and a great player. RIP Quicksand

Oh wow, this is such sad news. Anthony will be missed. He was always there, like a constant whenever I would flip the Xbox on. So much Rainbow Six and Left 4 Dead time with him. My thoughts are with his family. :(

Wow. Just wow. I was not expecting this. My thoughts and prayers go to his family. Anthony, thank you for your contributions to the forum and for being such a good guy. You will be sorely missed.

RIP.

Anthony was one of the first folks I met online from back in the HTF days. Every year I'd get into the Madden leagues he'd claim the Jets before I had a chance to. I guess it was a little more than a year ago I got to meet him in person during a weekend visit to Dave in NJ. I certainly never thought it would be the first and last time I'd meet him. I never did post the pictures of him high and asleep on Dave's couch. I remember we went to his house, met his mother, and went into his room- it was filled with games and movies, a ton of them he hadn't had a chance to open. To think of the piles of games and movies in there, still unopened, that he'll never get to see makes me incredibly sad. My thoughts are with his mother and the rest of his family. RIP.

Wow that is horrible news. Anytime I ever played with him online (which has been a while...used to play Gears of War back in the day) he seemed nice. Really sad to hear of his passing. Prayers and thoughts for his family.

To think of the piles of games and movies in there, still unopened, that he'll never get to see makes me incredibly sad.

I just think of all the stuff coming out he wanted to play that he talked to me about just two days ago and I get a mixture of both depression and anger. When I logged off on Monday he and I had talked about doing a rematch in Madden tomorrow night....:(

I am stunned. To lose 2 great forum members in such a short span, I'm speechless. Like Todd, I met Anthony for the first and only time last year when we visited Dave in NJ. I even posted a short clip of him from that visit. A very pleasant person who will definitely be missed.

Just this morning, I had a message on Facebook suggesting I send a message to Anthony because I hadn't communicated with him over FB in awhile. I was going to do just that since we had briefly talked about firing up Resident Evil 4 for some co-op play.

My heartfelt condolences to the Galante family.

R.I.P. Anthony. :(

Terrible news. He and I had some pleasant chats over PM and he never failed to come across as a genuinely kind-hearted guy.

My thoughts are with his family and friends. I know I'll miss him.

I can barely type this as I weep over my keyboard. I had recently made plans to go to the movies with Anthony but he had to postpone due to scheduled medication for his chronic pain. Anthony was a really nice guy. I just wish we had more time together to develop a closer friendship. He lived only a few short blocks away. This just plain sucks big time. I'm really depressed right now and in total shock.