LCVG
Jordan_E

Drop a Ton Challenge 2010

Public shout out to Cam who's been immensely helpful in setting me on a course to try and finally get these last bastard lbs off of me. I'm on a lower caloric deficit than I have tried before so we'll see how things go. I certainly haven't had any concerns about not eating enough since I started totalling up my calories and macros again since Sunday. I did give into the subscription on MyNetDiary and, while a bit fiddly, I really do think it is a better app than MyFitnessPal that I had used in the past. 

I'm currently opting for a 55% Protein, 22% Carb and 23% fats split with the Macros. I suspect it will take a week or two of locking a regular meal plan down for hitting those targets daily, but that's fine. Protein is coming from chicken, tuna, eggs and plant based burgers (the latter being a fantastic source), but I do find that purely for the sake of my digestion I lean towards protein shakes to bring me up to my daily goal so, depending on the meals I have, I'll add two or three of those throughout the day. 

• Like 1

As an aside, I found out semi-recently that my favorite thing in the world, milk, which I consume by drinking lots of every morning or at least consuming via cereal every morning of my life, was responsible for Acid Reflux that I've had since I was 10 years old.  Or so.  I would go from place to place with TUMS in my pockets at all times.  Ready to take them several times a day.  

As an adult I started taking a drug to control it and that worked.  Changed my life.  Then in the last 6 months (I am 42), I stopped eating cereal and drinking milk in the mornings and stopped taking my medicine.  BAM.  No more acid reflux.  Consider though that I love dairy so much that I still eat pizza, have feta cheese on my salad, etc.  But just removing it as a DRINK and only eating cereal every once in a while has changed my life.

This has cost me quite a bit of money since Acid Reflex is correlated with cancer and as a result my life insurance is higher than it would be otherwise.  Because of my DIET!

Anyway, thought I'd share in case anyone else has a similar story about how their ever changing diet surfaced explanations for life-long medical issues.

• Like 1

Wait, just found out? I know I told you before, this ain't new info. Thank you Dr. Joel!  Btw, I've already told you this, but your new awesome buddy is Silk almond milk. All of the awesome of milk, none of the shit. And the shit! 

Love almond milk. We drink it pretty exclusive except for my morning breakfast shake, but my girlfriend uses it for that too.

I just like an excuse to drink chocolate milk on the regular ;)

15 minutes ago, Mark E said:

Love almond milk. We drink it pretty exclusive except for my morning breakfast shake, but my girlfriend uses it for that too.

I just like an excuse to drink chocolate milk on the regular ;)

Have you tried the Silk dark chocolate almond milk?  OK, has sugars, if you are trying to avoid those, but AMAZING!  Best chocolate milk on the planet! 

2 hours ago, foogledricks said:

As an aside, I found out semi-recently that my favorite thing in the world, milk, which I consume by drinking lots of every morning or at least consuming via cereal every morning of my life, was responsible for Acid Reflux that I've had since I was 10 years old.  Or so.  I would go from place to place with TUMS in my pockets at all times.  Ready to take them several times a day.  

As an adult I started taking a drug to control it and that worked.  Changed my life.  Then in the last 6 months (I am 42), I stopped eating cereal and drinking milk in the mornings and stopped taking my medicine.  BAM.  No more acid reflux.  Consider though that I love dairy so much that I still eat pizza, have feta cheese on my salad, etc.  But just removing it as a DRINK and only eating cereal every once in a while has changed my life.

This has cost me quite a bit of money since Acid Reflex is correlated with cancer and as a result my life insurance is higher than it would be otherwise.  Because of my DIET!

Anyway, thought I'd share in case anyone else has a similar story about how their ever changing diet surfaced explanations for life-long medical issues.

If the issue was lactose by any chance, maybe look into Fairlife milk https://fairlife.com/ It's actual milk, just highly filtered. The price on it isn't much different from regular milk from what I've seen. I've used it a lot and it tastes great. I like Almond and Cashew milk quite a bit as well like others said.