LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Camp

Slow again...again

Did the April 13 move to a new server/host not happen?

LCVG has been impossibly slow for me the last couple days. I get periods where a few threads in a row will open at normal speeds but that is punctuated by some links taking forever to open.

I don't want to sound like I'm bitching. I just want to make sure the issues aren't at my end. Everything you LCVG owners do is greatly appreciated.

Oh, I missed that update (I probably fell asleep waiting for the link to open ;) ). Will there be some site downtime this weekend?

Yes the site will move AS IS to the new server. I've been really displeased with vBulletin 4, as are a lot of other board admins, so we will not be updating to that at this time.

An example of the insanity going on at vBulletin, they released a feature that when you use it causes the entire forum to render backwards.

Edited by kelley

That's a feature? Why?

So, will there be a change at some point away from vBulletin? Might be fun to see an all new LCVG. -especially if there is an iPad skin. :)

I don't care if it's vbulletin or jesus on a forum, can a brother get some branding:). Seriously though, I rather like vbulletin so if we have to stick to 3.x until they get their shit together with 4.0 then so be it.

Oh and if we switch to Huddler, I quit.:)

Edited by Romier S

Oh and if we switch to Huddler, I quit.:)

Saw that HTF logo and saw blood

That's a feature? Why?

No it's a bug, I should have put "" around feature.

So what happened was Internet Brands bought vBulletin late last year, and most of the primary vBulletin devs walked during the transition, it happens. They released vBulletin 4 half baked, it's still running the same Admin panel as vB3 and the skin design isn't finished either. It's so bad that IB has been doing some major ass kissing on the paid support forums to stop forums from walking. They hope to release 4.1 in the second half of the year which they are claiming will have most of the lopped off features. It happens, I just hope they can get it going.

Normal speed for me. What happened monday? I visited the site in the AM and was greeted by a Go Daddy.com page with a message saying the domain expired. Made a post (with screenshots) at teh backup forum but never heard anything.

Normal speed for me. What happened monday? I visited the site in the AM and was greeted by a Go Daddy.com page with a message saying the domain expired. Made a post (with screenshots) at teh backup forum but never heard anything.

Domain expired and the auto-renewal at Go Daddy claimed by password for Pay Pal was incorrect when it wasn't. And of course it happened on a day when I was traveling back from London.