LCVG
kelley

Welcome to LCVG ver. I've lost count!

I'm liking the new boards, and I'm really happy to have a mobile version now.

My only real complaint is that I almost exclusively browse the forums using the New Posts/New Content feature. The new board only shows threads with New Posts since the last time you visited whereas VBulletin would also show any threads with unread posts. I doubt much can be done, but I really miss that feature.

• Like 1

I'm liking the new boards, and I'm really happy to have a mobile version now.

My only real complaint is that I almost exclusively browse the forums using the New Posts/New Content feature. The new board only shows threads with New Posts since the last time you visited whereas VBulletin would also show any threads with unread posts. I doubt much can be done, but I really miss that feature.

I miss it too. The "new content" view still shows threads you've read all of too, but that's relatively trivial.

3. I like the new color scheme, but I wouldn't be opposed to an "LCVG Classic" theme bringing back the orange. :)

Even though I love the new forum.. Im kind of missing the orange:)

I'm getting more used to it. And one thing I love is that you can now have a photo aswell as your avatar. So I can see my beautiful daughter and very cute grandson.

So how does "View New Content" work? To me, it doesn't function like the old "view new posts" button in that it's /not/ returning all threads with unread content.

Excellent! Thanks, Kelley.

For other people wondering - to change the 'View New Content' behaviour to show unread posts - go to your User Profile, under "Settings" & "General Settings", there's search setting for "view new content" that allows toggles.

Just wanted to say that after a week I'm still digging the look and feel. There's always a bit of a curve with something new, but this started out good and it's still growing on me (embedded media!).

A continuing thumbs up, Kelley.

There appears to be fewer pictures of 1/2 naked women. Not sure if that is directly related to the new forum software though.

I'm loving the mobile skin! Thank you! Makes viewing the site at work much easier!

Yeah I'd say the majority of my LCVG time is now on the mobile side, makes those waits at restaurants fly by.

Clicking in the Fast Reply box on the iPad crashed Safari completely for me four or five times today. I used the regular reply method to get around this, but i can't even click in the regular reply's white box to get the cursor now. huh.gif Typing this from the Mac.

Excellent! Thanks, Kelley.

For other people wondering - to change the 'View New Content' behaviour to show unread posts - go to your User Profile, under "Settings" & "General Settings", there's search setting for "view new content" that allows toggles.

This doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference that I can see. It's still just showing threads with "New Content" from whatever time it decides I was last on the site (which seems a bit random also).

I just noticed that if you do a "new content" search, and you click on a thread title, it'll automatically take you to the first unread post, so you don't have to hit the tiny icon beside the main title link. Nice feature!

I am unable to post from my iPad.

Using Atomic Browser the keyboard never comes up when I click in the typing area. I tried on both the quick reply and full editor. It's like Atomic Browser wouldn't recognize the white space as a text entry field. I switched to Safari and didn't even get that far. As soon as I clicked in the text area Safari crashed.

Both browsers pulled up the desktop version as opposed to the mobile version (in case that matters).

Has anyone else had this issue? Does Invision offer an iPad specific plugin?

This is exactly the problem Im having. Fast reply crashes Safari completely, and I can't type anything in the text area using the regular reply.

3 people will now post that it works fine on their iPad. :)

Something is up. Why does it work for some but not others?

I searched around on the IP Board forums and couldnt find anything on it.

But these guys are having the same issue: http://forums.5serie...-on-this-forum/ Here was the response they received from IPB:

"Is the issue related to the default IPB skin, or one of my skins? No updates have been released over the past week, so I'm unsure what the issue could be..If the issue is happening with the default skin, you'll need to get the website owner (or license key owner) to send a support ticket into Invision"
  • Like 1

Working fine with Atomic Browser for me. Fast reply and regular reply as stated before.

(come on we need one more to make Camp's dreams come true! :) )

Damn...I reached my quota for negative feedback.

;)

Speaking of which... We are a friendly forum... I would recommend we get rid of the "vote up/down" option. I've never been a fan.

(Waits to see this post voted down :P)

• Like 1