LCVG
kelley

Welcome to LCVG ver. I've lost count!

I updated your info.

You should be able to click on your name at the top right to get a drop down menu and from there choose "My Setting". There is a "Profile" option at the top that allows you to change the gamertag there.

I've found a way to post from the iPad: I downloaded the IP.Board iPad app. It basically loads the forum the way the mobile version does. The ratings are mediocre, so here's to hoping it works. Still cannot post from the regular site.

The search is killing me. It does not let you use a three letter word in a search, even if you have other words.

Revisiting the "I can't post on the new LCVG from my iPad" issue. It's still not working. Safari outright crashes every time I attempt to post. Atomic Browser just ignores the text input box (the keyboard never opens up). Even if Atomic Browser is set to identify itself as a different browser it still fails.

Something is up. I know most of you can post from your iPads & I can post at other forums. Just not here.

Can you post your full settings, Camp? Maybe post a video or something of the browser settings screen etc. so I can take a look at it and compare it to my iPad settings.

Is there an iPad app that records screen videos?

My settings in Safari are pretty basic as it really doesn't have any settings. Atomic Browser, on the other hand, has tons of settings. I have tried Atomic Browser set as safari mobile and as Firefox. Both fail in the exact same way I described above. All the other settings that impact browsing are pretty much stock. The only things I have adjusted are the browser color and bookmark bar.

I'm going to try deleting Atomic Browser, rebooting, and reinstalling.

If you can go into the settings and maybe take a pic of the ipad or record a video off of the screen I can look at (with an iPhone or camera etc.). I want to try to see what's different because I just don't know what's causing your problems. The only thing I can think to do is compare everything between the two browsers on our iPad and try to figure out what's different.

The guys at the BMW forum haven't figured it out either from the updates in their thread. Awhile back, I tried searching Google and the IP Board forums and came up with nothing. I haven't tried investigating anymore since.

So, I just discovered something interesting. As I noted in a previous post a few pages back, i found another forum that was having the same problem: mobile safari would crash when using fast reply for some members using iPads. I joined their forum just to let them know we were having the same issue and to see if they had come across a solution yet. I made that post from my computer. I was just thinking, "I wonder if I can post to <i>their</i> forum from my iPad..." and the answer is, I can. What does that mean?

Here's a link to their ongoing thread: http://forums.5series.net/topic/102012-ipad-crashes-when-trying-to-reply-to-a-thread-on-this-forum/page__view__findpost__p__1237661

I think I figured it out. It's the Rich Text Editor. I had mine on by default, and now that I've turned it off, I am typing this from my iPad!

(This is found in My Settings > General Settings > Posting Settings)

Which again, just confuses the hell out of me and it's why I'd like to see the settings. There has to be something wierd from a settings standpoint or something that's making some changes because again....

I don't understand what's causing the problem for you guys...

EDIT: Not seeing that rich text setting you mentioned Cameron. Where is it?

EDIT: Not seeing that rich text setting you mentioned Cameron. Where is it?

Go into your LCVG Profile's settings and you should see "Enable visual (RTE) editor?" Your is most likely unchecked. If you check it, and then try to post, your browser should crash.

I posted this on the BMW forum and it's working for the guy who had the same issue over there.

borat_success.gif

Ah. I thought it was a general setting on the iPad. You're right though. Rich text is disabled for me under my settings. 

EDIT: I didn't get it to crash but enabling rich text definitely stops the keyboard from popping up when trying to reply. Just tested it. Nice find, Cameron.

Ah. I thought it was a general setting on the iPad. You're right though. Rich text is disabled for me under my settings. 

EDIT: I didn't get it to crash but enabling rich text definitely stops the keyboard from popping up when trying to reply. Just tested it. Nice find, Cameron.

It crashes on Quick Reply. The keyboard will not pop up on Regular Reply.

IPad test with Atomic Browser. Cameron, you are a genius.

Quote test on Firefox.

Disabling the rich text editor also let me begin using a Firefox BBcode/HTML code plugin again. Now I don't have to use those silly little icons to quote text or add images.

Thanks, Cameron!

Me to, now we just did the avatar default size to be fixed :D

What size are you wanting?

Also I've enabled ads.