LCVG
Romier S

Madden 11 Online Franchise League

Just opening up the topic for Paul so we can get the league going. As noted in the Madden thread, I'll be keeping my Giants as usual.:)

Okay, right now I am thinking we will start the week of the 16th. I will post rules and such once we learn if there are any changes to the online mode, though I don't expect much if anything to be different from last year as far as franchise or rules.

This is what I have for teams so far, I will update if more people express interest.

Me-Cowboys

Romier-Giants

Bruce-Dolphins

Brandon-Panthers

Phil-Jets

Dean-Packers/Ravens(for the moment)

mrglass-Texans

If I missed anyone or you are interested in playing, just let me know.

Shit Ill be in California till the 20th..but will try and get my first game in some how.

No worries. The first game wouldn't be due until the 22nd, always give a full week for the first game. This is all tentative anyway, want to make sure there are no problems that may need a patch before we begin.

No worries. The first game wouldn't be due until the 22nd, always give a full week for the first game. This is all tentative anyway, want to make sure there are no problems that may need a patch before we begin.

Alright.. Thats cool

The lcvg online franchise is back. 7 minute quarters with accelerated clock. Fatigue, injuries, trades are on. Since it is an uncapped year, sign whoever you want. Apparently, the scouting feature from the offline franchise mode is gonna be patched in by opening day. Invites do not seem to be working properly so i opened it up for you guys to join. I will keep trying to send invites.

lcvg online franchise

password is lcvg

As long as everyone is joined up, we will start the season Monday the 16th with the first week being advanced Sunday night at 11pm. Two games a week after that, advanced Thursday night and Sunday nights at 11pm. If you cant get your game in, no problem, it will just be simmed. Since there will be a few division matchups, do you best to make the head to head games though.

I will do my best to keep our season updated, but I encourage everyone to post their games results, the good, bad or ugly. Have some fun with it. Since the online franchise does not hand out season ending awards, I was thinking we could name our own MVP, etc.

Me-Cowboys

Romier-Giants

Bruce-Dolphins

Brandon-Panthers

Phil-Jets

Dean-Packers/Ravens

mrglass-Texans

Good luck, and remember, the Cowboys are the defending SB Champs.

Sure. You're going to kill me but sure.

Not sure about that as I haven't even played the game yet -- plus, Panthers versus Giants? Like bringing a knife to a gunfight.

I'll see you online at 9:30.

The Texans caught a break as they narrowly escaped the Colts 38-35. After taking a big lead, the Colts came storming back to tie the game and it quickly became evident that the last team to have the ball was going to win. Luckily, Neil Rackers was able to leg out a game winning field goal.

On the plus side Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson continued their love affair hooking up nine times for 216 yards and two TD's. I may also have a ground game this year as Steve Slaton and Ben Tate combined for two touchdowns and 92 yards. On the flip side my defense is absolute crap. And, losing Brian Cushing for six weeks to a collar bone injury is not going to help.

Nice start. Lost my 1st game and Ronnie Brown out 8 weeks with broken collarbone. Great! :angry:

Man, that's unfortunate. How are you doing with the wildcat? Can you run it successfully?

I was very lucky to get 4 interceptions off of Favre. Conversely, I was very stupid in that I gave up a safety on a kickoff. I thought I was in the endzone and was planning to take a knee. I was just outside of it. For some unknown reason I ran backwards into the endzone thinking I could still take a knee. A half second later I realized that was against the rules, but it was too late, I'd been tackled. That's the kind of encyclopedic knowledge of the game you guys have to look forward to facing.

Man, that's unfortunate. How are you doing with the wildcat? Can you run it successfully?

Have had very little luck with the Wildcat but game is pretty true to life with Ronnie Brown getting hurt.

LOL that game was a mess, Brandon. In the rain, damn near no defense. Just a shootout. Congrats on the win Brandon (final score 52-45 in Carolina's favor)

Don't feel bad, Bruce. I lost my franchise QB in the middle of the second quarter (FUCKING WIERD after the Jets game!). Eli is out for 8 weeks with a herniated disc. I was surprised I stayed in it as long as I did with a third string QB like Bhomar and I don't see much reason for hope for the Gmen right now:(.

I don't know if I'm even used to the feel of this game yet. Tackles I would have made last year, I whiff on this year. It seems broken tackles are just rampant as hell unless you get the perfect angle which is annoying. Also, I'm still seeing way too many damned fumbles (at least 3 a game between both teams) and I'm hitting the ball security button when I'm playing. Eh, I'll stick with it and hope I get better. Right now, I'm about as frustrated as I was when I first started playing Madden 10.