LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
fishepa

Color scheme

Am I the only one that doesn't like the new color scheme? I find it extremely hard to differentiate everything, it looks all jumbled together. Not sure if that makes sense, just thought I'd throw my opinion out there.

Paul

I'm diggin' it. Maybe try the default IPB scheme and see if that helps. You should see a drop-down selector on the bottom-left of any page, including this one.

"I find it extremely hard to differentiate everything, it looks all jumbled together."

In what way?

I'm diggin' it. Maybe try the default IPB scheme and see if that helps. You should see a drop-down selector on the bottom-left of any page, including this one.

Thanks, I tried that and it's much easier to read.

"I find it extremely hard to differentiate everything, it looks all jumbled together."

In what way?

The colors just seemed too similar to me, I had a hard time differentiating what threads had been read, what hadn't, etc.

I can agree with Fishepa. On the old board it was easy to tell what threads had new messages, etc. Now, it all seems to blend together. Not a huge complaint or anything but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed it.

EDIT: I just switched to the IPB scheme. It is indeed noticeably easier for me to differentiate things.

Thanks for the tip. The IPB works better for me too. There's just a little more contrast which is easier on my eyes.

My only problem with the default color scheme is that it seems a bit drab. It's just gray, dark gray, lighter gray... and a little light blue thrown in for good measure. I liked the orange accents scattered about the forum. It gave a bit of life and character to this place.

Also, I think the text is way too small, particularly when typing for a post. If you have a big monitor with a high resolution, it's tiny. I'd like to see some of the text bumped up a size or two just to make it easier to read.

You're not alone. I hate the new color scheme. It's all very drab and everything just seems to blend in together (not in a good way). There's no color there at all. It's hard to tell new posts from old.

(I do appreciate the new board though and all the hard work the owners put in to make it happen)