LCVG
JoeyN

Comic Book Discussion

The collector in me kind of misses the large boxes with all your comics in plastic so they stay in near mint condition. Lol.

I'm trying to get rid of all of it. Not add more.:)

That was said with something of grin. Fortunately for me I have not moved in 15 years so I haven't had to worry about transporting them. Looking thru the comics I accumulated did bring back some memories though. Something I can't imagine I will ever have with digital.

Something I can't imagine I will ever have with digital.Something I can't imagine I will ever have with digital.

You will still have it. Ever since comixology updated so all purchases are grouped by title I have been going back, and reading some stuff I forgot about.  It's just different then having to push around 100 books :)

On another note, if you read Saga, you will have to purchase Issue 12 on comixology.com and then download it to your IOS app. Apple has blocked the app for explicit content. Something it has done to only a few books/issues so far. 

Speaking of long boxes...any clue on where to sell a collection? It's a lot of 80's and 90's shit for the most part but its like 3 long boxes and two small boxes I want to be rid of already and I'm about to just toss the shit if I can't make any money off of it.

you can get store credit from mycomicshop.com or just ask one of the local shops if they want it. Any $$ is better then just tossing it.

Read the 1st issue of Saga since it was free. Already bought issue #2. :)

If you haven''t been reading the Injustice: Gods Among Us series (leading up to the new DC fighting game next week), you must. If you thought Snyder's Joker was crazy, well, read this series. I plowed through all 12 issues on Sunday and it is some really good stuff.

Hawkeye continues to be my favorite series from Marvel. The new issue is phenomenal, as usual. 

The new Batman and (Red) Robin was also pretty good. Snyder's Batman is also a nice start to a new storyline.

-Dean-

If you haven''t been reading the Injustice: Gods Among Us series (leading up to the new DC fighting game next week), you must. If you thought Snyder's Joker was crazy, well, read this series. I plowed through all 12 issues on Sunday and it is some really good stuff.

-Dean-

Agreed.  I still need to pick up issues #12, 13.  Fun read.

Okay, so I got my ComiXology link for the #1s.  Are there some #1 issues that are MUST HAVE?  I don't think I'll get all 700...

Okay, so I got my ComiXology link for the #1s. Are there some #1 issues that are MUST HAVE? I don't think I'll get all 700...

just do them on the website. Don't have to DL them all, just add to your account,

STRENGTHEN YOUR WRIST.

Comixology removed all the "add all" buttons for the Marvel Promotion.  I tried to get about half of them the first time and the server crashed, so I lost my cart.

Second try I just claimed them section by section...  Still took 30 minutes to get them all...

Yeah, I noticed the lack of an "add all" button...  Managed to get all 700 though-lots in there that I already have physical copies of, but for me it's really about checking out a few series that I never read, and seeing how the comixology/digital comics interface works these days.  One thing I did notice-there aren't any ads in the digital versions, are there? 

Yeah, I noticed the lack of an "add all" button...  Managed to get all 700 though-lots in there that I already have physical copies of, but for me it's really about checking out a few series that I never read, and seeing how the comixology/digital comics interface works these days.  One thing I did notice-there aren't any ads in the digital versions, are there? 

Nope no ads at all.

Nope no ads at all.

Wonder how long that'll last?  :)

Maybe the concession will be-same ads as print-books are 99 cents.  I really wonder what some of the numbers are like on digital vs physical these days, and what the numbers/sales look like overall? 

Physical sales are actually way up, as are digital sales. The comic market is doing a lot better then it has in a long time.

I only grabbed about 300 or so of the 700. I just knew some titles I would never read and it almost sounded better to not have them clogging up my list. :)

Well I went ahead and grabbed 720. I think I got them all. Probably wont read half of them but I will take a look tomorrow. Try to start with more recent ones.

They're sending them out in little groups, I believe.  My link was only valid from the 11th until 3pm ET today.  

I'm sure you'll get yours soon.

Haven't got my email from marvel on the #1s yet.

E-mail there customer support with your user name, and they will look into it. Happened with  a few folks.

Physical sales are actually way up, as are digital sales. The comic market is doing a lot better then it has in a long time.

That's good to know-I suppose I could check the sales charts in Previews to see what things are selling these days.  It's funny-I was just listening to Jeph Loeb this morning on one of Kevin Smith's podcasts (incidentally, Fat Man on Batman is pretty good these days, and the Jeph Loeb and Grant Morison interviews are fantastic), and they were talking about books in the 90s selling 3 and 4 million copies, and things that sold under 100k being open for cancellation.  Really a different world... 

I should take the kids out to a couple of comic stores for FCBD though-I haven't made it out in a couple of years.  Any extra digital freebies planned for this year?