LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - Wii U from Retro Studios

i just wish Nintendo would do more online stuff..... this game is awesome for co-op but only being able to play locally well...

I feel like this is the kind of game that works best with local multiplayer. I get why folks would want online co-op, but I just think it would be more fun to sit next to the person you're playing with in a game like this. (Then again I feel like that about all forms of multiplayer.)

Anyway, I got through the final two levels last night. As a reward for all of my efforts, I unlocked

Hard Mode

, which illicited a middle finger and some expletives in Retro's direction. It's all right though. I still love them anyway. And I hate them too.

At any rate, I hope this blister on my thumb heals now.

After applying more lives and tries than I ever care to talk about I /FINALLY/ beat Bopopolis in Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze with all of the puzzle pieces. 

FUCK YOU RETRO! FUCK YOU!

God, that's a hard level. Kudos to you for getting all the puzzle pieces as well.

Let me know what you think about Platform Problems (5-K) when you get to it. :)

So I'm on World 6. Though I went back to hit up 5-K. Platform problems as they call it. 

Me after trying it for nearly an hour.

c4NXmxm.gif

Oh its fucking infuriating. :)

It can't make me hate the game. No joke one of the best 2D platformers I've ever had the pleasure of playing. The level design is insanely good.

For those of you who have not played the game here is what we're talking about.

The section right after 1:35 into the video is where I kept dying. I got really good at everything before that, but that one section just messed me up over and over again.

After all of that trouble on Platform Problems, I put the game down for a week and a half to detox. Came back to it today and beat Platform Problems on my second try with all of the puzzle pieces. :D

Frankly, it wasn't anywhere near as frustrating as that last rocket barrel level in world 6! This game hates me.

Despite all of that, I'm on the last boss. All puzzle pieces, Kong letters and K levels completed. Time to beat this damned game. :D

Despite all of that, I'm on the last boss. All puzzle pieces, Kong letters and K levels completed. Time to beat this damned game. :D

That's what you think. You're not done yet.

I know there's three more levels that unlock thanks to the K temples. It's par course for the series. I just mean the main game proper.

After nearly 40 hours - done! 100% save file. Every puzzle piece, every kong letter and all K levels done. Including the last three Secret Seclusion levels.

The last three weren't too bad. Had the hardest time with the first one. The other two came pretty easy for me.

Amazing, amazing game. One of the best 2D platformers I've had the pleasure of playing. It will eat you up and spit you from a difficulty standpoint though if you want to get every last thing there is to get. More than happy to have spent the time with it I did. 

Hard mode can go fuck off. :D

NICE!

Again, for purely selfish reasons, bring on the U ports I say (but in all honesty these great games deserve a new lease of life on a platform where more people will get the opportunity to play them). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Graeme said:

This is the best one from that thread. I just wish it had Funky Mode!

It does! 😃