Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

Here you go:

BPpOGnQCcAACSQ0.jpg

1:23
Silas Lesnick: Zack Snyder is here!
1:24
Silas Lesnick: He's officially announcing a Man of Steel sequel!
1:26
Silas Lesnick: Harry Lennix is here because "his voice is better" for this reveal...
1:27
Silas Lesnick: "I want you to remember Clark," he says, "in all the years to come. In all your private moments. In all the years to come, my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you."
Silas Lesnick: It's a Batman/Superman logo!
Spencer Perry-SHH: OH MAN
1:28
Silas Lesnick: The same silver Man of Steel logo with a bat logo behind it!

Can't be worse than Man of Steel I suppose. Or can it?

A Batman / Superman team up movie now redefines definition of 'bad timing' for both characters given the state of their current respective movie incarnations.

A Superman movie that ends with Metropolis flattened and no repercussions and a new Batman that replaces the Nolan one with no setup. 

• Like 2

A Superman movie that ends with Metropolis flattened and no repercussions and a new Batman that replaces the Nolan one with no setup. 

Well said. Pretty much where I am with it. 

Shite. I mean, fine, it's fine if the prospect makes you moist... Zero interest in that kind of a team up, personally. Old Darth summed it perfectly, really.

Mmm... yeah.

Shite

Let's see if this isn't too complicated. The movie is the sequel to Man of Steel. Cavill, Diane Lane, Amy Adams and Morpheus are all coming back and it's "loosely" based on The Dark Knight Returns. Snyder is directing. He's not adapting DKR, it's a blueprint for where to go with the story.

http://www.slashfilm.com/zack-snyder-will-direct-supermanbatman-movie-inspired-by-frank-millers-the-dark-knight-returns/

So Superman sequel with Batman wrapped around it. 

Make Clark peripheral. Make DKR with Bale. Or even Clooney, actually - awful as B&R was, he has the easy charm to play Wayne more than ever, while being old enough for the story to work. Then you might have a movie.

Info:

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-tyler-hoechlin-new-batman-scr een-test-henry-cavill-plot-new-supermanbats-movie

The source who previously provided us with information on the Batman reboot, which was said to be in part based on the popular Batman Arkham video game franchise. That now looks to be adapted into the recently announced Batman: Arkham Assault animated movie slated for 2014.

We're told Warner Bros. didn't go forward with the Arkham adaptation because they want to get both Batman and Superman out into the cinema quickly. Also, that Snyder and Goyer plot-wise initially didn't have Batman vs. Superman, but since WB wanted to move things along they essentially are combining two films in one, with the movie having been in pre-production for a couple months (merchandising underway as well etc.). We're told, "Snyder is really loving building the DC Cinematic Universe."

Regarding the new Batman, Tyler Hoechlin (Teen Wolf, Lincoln Heights, 7th Heaven, Road To Perdition) is being heavily considered for the part and will be getting a screen test alongside Henry Cavill. Warner Bros. and Snyder are looking at somebody to play the new Batman with a reputation similar to Cavill's, when Cavill was testing for Superman. It's also said that better known actors could also be testing for the role. As filming is expected to begin in early 2014, screen tests should be happening soon.

Cosmic Book News is also told that the Superman/Batman movie will features villains (in the plural), with it currently thought that the Joker and Lex Luthor team up; however, the source said the villains are only known by a select few, but Luthor is all but guaranteed.

Regarding the plot of the film:

"The sequel is set a year after Man of Steel, and the world is still getting used to having this powerful god on the planet who isn't fully trusted by everybody. Batman certainly doesn't trust Superman. Superman doesn't trust Batman; either of which causes the two to clash when they initially meet. They do however pair up to defeat the villains (not 100% confirmed who the villains are). COULD be Luthor and Joker, but only a select few really know that. Luthor is definitely in the sequel and he doesn't like Superman, believing him a threat to the planet."

I called Joker/Lex in a conversation with Daniel when this was announced.  :lawl

This is Tyler Hoechlin:

Hoechlin-tyler-hoechlin-25094059-1280-80

He played Tom Hanks' son in "The Road to Perdition" if someone needs their memory jogged.

I wonder if the military chick will make a cameo in this one.

Superman flew away after saving the day, with some help from Batman this time (Batman removes kryptonite shard from Superman's big toe). Camera pans to military girl whose again standing next to her commanding officer.

"He's still hot."

Then Superman completely destroys Gotham City while lookin for the Joker and Lex Luther

• Like 1