LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

Somebody better give that woman a sandwich if she's supposed to play a stacked Amazonian.

Agreed, but "she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role"

Whatever the fuck that means.

Agreed, but "she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role"

Whatever the fuck that means.

Nice boobies is my guess.

Yeah, she's super model hot which is fine and no one here is kicking her out of bed but she's a fucking stick figure that needs to add significant weight and shape to be Wonder Woman. This...

wonder_woman_by_jeffach-d59egpa.jpg

...she ain't.

She could do that.  She was in the Israeli army, so she probably knows physical fitness.  I thought Chris Evans was a stick figure when he signed for Captain America, too.  :)

Here's Wonder Woman:

dejah-thoris.jpg

Lynn-Collins-stars-as-Dejah-Thoris-in-Jo

I watched John Carter and Lynn Collins immediately jumped out as the *perfect* WW.

Here's Wonder Woman:

dejah-thoris.jpg

Lynn-Collins-stars-as-Dejah-Thoris-in-Jo

I watched John Carter and Lynn Collins immediately jumped out as *perfect* WW.

Can't disagree, there.

Beautiful!  But I don't see Wonder Woman. Like someone else mentioned, she better hit the weights before production. I have no clue who she is as an entertainer, can she act, can she pull off such an important character?  God I hope they don't fuck up Woman Woman, I hope she's not relegated to simple supporting character duties.

Back to the movie, I'm not getting a good vibe. As Keith alluded, it's feeling like a clusterfuck of characters getting thrown together entirely too fast, and I'm not keen on the cast members that am familiar with. In contrast to the recent the success of the Marvel Franchise(s), this one could be an epic fail.

I do hope I'm completely wrong. I want to see this universe of characters come together in a strong franchise.

I think I need a self imposed moratorium and black out of information regarding this movie. Of course with Joel sharing Gal Gadot video's like that I'm not sure I can last!

Bad title too. Not a big fan of naming movies after the full name of someone. Especially when it is a bland name. And not for a fantasy movie. Jerry McGwire was fine. Imagine if the next Star Wars movie was called "Jim Smith"

Bad title too. Not a big fan of naming movies after the full name of someone. Especially when it is a bland name. And not for a fantasy movie. Jerry McGwire was fine. Imagine if the next Star Wars movie was called "Jim Smith"

They should have used "John Carter of Mars" or the actual name of the story its based on "A Princess of Mars."  As it was I think most people thought it was an ER movie... 

Is that a good movie? Haven't seen it.

There are some narrative missteps but yeah, I really liked it. Marketed as a big brainless sfx actioner when it has a decent love story that could have appealed to women, too. Terrible marketing and a massive budget killed it.

There are some narrative missteps but yeah, I really liked it. Marketed as a big brainless sfx actioner when it has a decent love story that could have appealed to women, too. Terrible marketing and a massive budget killed it.

. And you just made me want to see this movie with my wife. To bad Netflix doesn't have it on streaming.

Mind you, imagine it was called "Han Solo".

Still, that's crying out for an "And The Adjective Noun".

Mind you, imagine it was called "Han Solo".

Still, that's crying out for an "And The Adjective Noun".

I know why you say that. But a title like "Han Solo" actually works. Because it is an iconic well-recognized name with tons of connotations.

Hope he has Aflac.

-Dean-

Strangely enough, you should patent that.

I actually saw John Carter in theaters.  I was pleasantly surprised.  And yes, the actress would've been great as Wonder Woman.  Built and beautiful which is very rare.