LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

I don't have much history on it, but I found this, It does seem a little bright for the era, maybe it will be explained in the movie.

Wonder-Woman-Infographic-918x6000.jpg

That's very interesting. It seems odd, given her intense fighting style in these new movies, that she would have so much flesh exposed. Again, I understand it from the point of view of (frankly dated) need for titillation and looking to win fan approval, but whereas in BvS it doesn't stand out as much due to all the fantasy going on around her, against the backdrop of the first world war it really takes me out of what I'm looking at. The other female warriors you see on horseback look a little bit more armoured.

Originally it was pretty much for what you think. In the beginning she was tied up a lot.

As time went on it was just armor, and she didn't care what the world of men thought of her wearing it as she liked it. There is a funny scene in the new 52 JL animated movie about just that. She is half God after all, takes a lot to hurt her. Also no one has designed a actual decent full body outfit for her.

That Flash costume is ugh. Same overly dark aesthetic as BvS for JL. Not that Im surprised..its Snyder afterall. Such a huge contrast to WW.

The Flash movie has lost its director due to "creative differences"....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/flash-movie-loses-dope-director-rick-famuyiwa-942604

The Flash, Warner Bros.’ big-screen take on its speedster superhero, has lost its director.

Rick Famuyiwa, who made waves with his coming-of-age Sundance sensation Dope, has parted ways with the studio over "creative differences," The Hollywood Reporter has learned. 

Famuyiwa has been on board since June developing the project, even overseeing the castings of Kiersey Clemons and Billy Crudup in key roles.

The movie, which is to star Ezra Miller as Barry Allen, the fastest man alive, was in pre-production as it headed towards a March 2017 start date with a release date of March 16, 2018.

The departure of Famuyiwa will likely mean the delay of the movie’s start of production and release as Miller has a commitment in July.

Good Lord, if that image is a sign of what was intended, thank goodness that the movie is getting shaken up. What a turd that image is!

My kids are really into the Flash series at this point, and if this movie project is anything but an extension of the show it will certainly fuck with their heads. And if Cisco isn't part of it my daughter might actually be brought to tears. At first I'd assumed her obsession with the Flash was due to Barry, but the way she reacts to Cisco's one liners shows where her heart is. Golden Glider better watch her back, that's all I'm saying!

Has that Barry really got a lightning symbol codpiece? Bloody hell, Snyderverse. 

I'll be delighted if this project just dies a death entirely, as I strongly doubt it'll produce anything I want to take Finn to. He's also a fan of the TV show, to the extent of him painting this of our cat, Barney, the other day: 

"My name is Barney Allen, and I am the fast cat alive!"

CvdJQM_XgAAWXSW.jpg

I can't see anyone from the current crop of DC movies getting that.

• Like 1

It would be awesome if WW is the first truly legit D.C. movie. Totally liking what I'm seeing but then Suicide Squad had some good trailers, too.

It would be awesome if WW is the first truly legit D.C. movie. Totally liking what I'm seeing but then Suicide Squad had some good trailers, too.

Yep, Looks good, i'd wish they'd abandon that WW theme music from BvS though.

I am very cold on the DCCU.  

I tried to watch Suicide Squad yesterday and just shut it off after a half hour.  I love Will Smith, so I enjoyed watching him for his introduction.  But after that, the Killer Croc and Witch stuff just seemed unappealing.  Joker and Harley were just kinda OK, and then they started showing some exploding/fire guy and I just lost interest completely.  I wasn't interested in seeing any of those characters in a 2 hour movie.  Although I'm sure Harley Quinn made for some fun scenes perhaps.

DC has been all strikeouts for me.  Glad to hear WW is good.  And I bet BatGirl will be good too.  I'll see those.  But I'm far from buying into their "universe" like I have with Marvel.

Keith I tried watching BvS again and SS recently. It's even worse the I remember