LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

I'd say that they pissed away all the good will from the Nolan films.  But I don't think that is true.  I've sort of walled off those movies in my mind from everything that has happened since.  I kinda wish Nolan would just take back the franchise, continue where he left off.  Maybe give another shot at bringing in other superheroes.  But it would be really hard to REDO Justice League at this point.

Whatever, if the human torch actor can become captain america, anything is possible.

1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

I'll spoiler tag this as Im doubt it's official? But it's Phoenix on the set during a scene in full makeup and wardrobe:

I don't believe it's official, but I didn't mind :)

All reporting point to a whole new take and not a sequel.

If I never see that version of the Joker again, it will be too soon.

1 hour ago, Romier S said:

If I never see that version of the Joker again, it will be too soon.

Agreed, Please keep Margot Robbie though.

original.gif

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Quite a bump. Would have thought the early Nov release would have given it plenty of breathing room ahead of Star Wars. 

I'd think it was far enough away to not be concerned with Star Wars. There was a bunch of other competitive releases around that time.

Joker Oct 4th 2019

Zombieland 2 Oct 11th 2019

Unitlted Tom Hanks film October 18th

Kingsman 3 Nov 8th 2019

Terminator 6 Nov 15th 2019

Its interesting that Gadot is also in "Red Notice" which is currently scheduled for release a week after WW 1984 on June 12th 2020.

"We had tremendous success releasing the first Wonder Woman film during the summer, so when we saw an opportunity to take advantage of the changing competitive landscape, we did," Warners president of domestic distribution Jeff Goldstein said in a statement moments after Gadot tweeted. "This move lands the film exactly where it belongs.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-1984-moves-summer-2020-1154205

I wonder how this affects Marvel's plans, if any.  I would expect they would try to slot "Black Widow" into the spot that GoTG vol. 3 would have occupied in late May.  Two female-centric superhero films close together might be pretty cool.

Disney removed the marvel film slated for July 31, 2020, I've seen some rumors saying that was for GotGv3 which now appears to be on hold. Disney also moved Jungle Cruise from 2019 to July 24th, 2020.

Currently it appears Marvel is going with only two films for 2020, May 1, 2020 and November 6, 2020. Though there appears to be a few untitled Disney movies still on the calendar where films could be placed. I'd like to see Black Widow in 2020, Marvel is keeping it's hand close to it's chest for now.

• Like 1

Outside of WW, I cannot stand DC (current)! Nothing lands right for me. Even as popular as Aquaman has been, it has never enticed me. With the questionable and often awful writing and story choices it's not too hard to understand I'm sure, but beyond that, the world as currently envisioned just has zero appeal to me.

This is quite subjective, I understand that as well. I'm always waiting for something to change, for things to get better, but there's always a smack of reality.

I read Birds of Prey, got excited, saw the cast and names, more excited, and then watched that clip. Nope! It's not enough to sell a movie, but it's certainly enough to kill my interest. Prove me wrong, make it awesome, but I'm not holding my breath. Too many good Marvel films to look forward to!

• Like 1

James Gunn will apparently direct Suicide Squad 2 with Zack Snyder producing.

Also, The Batman now scheduled for Summer 2021, Affleck out.

Hard not to be interested in a new Batman movie.  Although they've tried really hard to make me not interested.  If they make a good Batgirl movie and a good Batman movie, they could rekindle the DCU.  I wish they just carried forward Chris Nolan's trilogy as I loved that world and tone.

" Ben Affleck Passes The Torch To Next Generation Of Bruce Wayne" 

We need a comic or gif of Batman Ben walking away with a turd dropping from his cowl, and some poor actor looking down at it.

'Pick it up, the world needs you!' 

They should just do Batman Beyond. Batflack was an older batman already, perfect jumping off point.

On 1/31/2019 at 3:32 PM, JoeyN said:

They should just do Batman Beyond. Batflack was an older batman already, perfect jumping off point.

I'd love it, but I wonder how much the average movie goer knows about Batman Beyond.  Granted, not a lot probably know about the Spider-verse, and that movie was great.

Idris Alba is replacing Will Smith as Deadshot for The Suicide Squad. Great choice.

I like how the Marvel movies make fun of themselves while pivoting to serious topics and then back again to funny.  The back and forth really works for me.  But this trailer just looks like all silly comedy the whole way through.  If that's the case, it better be damn funny.  The trailer is not very funny to me.  A lot of "almost smile" moments.  

I'll watch it on Netflix if it isn't terrible.  But god, none of these DC movies besides Wonder Woman seem worthy of my time.

1 hour ago, foogledricks said:

I like how the Marvel movies make fun of themselves while pivoting to serious topics and then back again to funny.  The back and forth really works for me.  But this trailer just looks like all silly comedy the whole way through.  If that's the case, it better be damn funny.  The trailer is not very funny to me.  A lot of "almost smile" moments.  

I'll watch it on Netflix if it isn't terrible.  But god, none of these DC movies besides Wonder Woman seem worthy of my time.

Of course, right after I post the above, I see impressions on Twitter of this movie.  And all of them say the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I just said.  They say the movie is sentimental with family messaging and emotional moments.  Sounds like they emphasized the humor in the trailer to the detriment of the heart they put in the movie.  Happy to be wrong.