LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

New skin feedback thread

Since the skin was just deployed tonight, please give us any feedback or issues you see with it. Positive or negative. We'll do what we can to get any issues sorted. Thanks!

Hmm...maybe I'm just too early to the party.  I see no LCVG-new nor a paintbush to edit styles.  Chrome or IE.

:)

If we don't get any bug reports or major issues, I'd like to make this the default skin moving forward.

I like it.  The LCVG header is a little thicker than I would like.  The header also loads slower than the rest of the site.  Other than that, it's quite nice.  

I love it. Good find! I wish the orange was a little more "LCVG", but otherwise it's great.

Another bonus is this theme doesn't feel like it needs a logo as the ones before did. The thin font is a perfect fit.

The + signs that indicate new posts on the thread view are weird and sloppy. For such a tight theme, these seem out of place.

The + signs that indicate new posts on the thread view are weird and sloppy. For such a tight theme, these seem out of place.

They do seem a bit small and out of place.  This will be the final major change we make until Invision Social 4 is released sometime next year.

OK, so scratch what I said. The + signs look fine now that I'm on a computer. On the iPad last night, you can see the outline of the + sign icons, but here it looks fine.

OK, so scratch what I said. The + signs look fine now that I'm on a computer. On the iPad last night, you can see the outline of the + sign icons, but here it looks fine.

Noticed that yesterday as well on my iPad as well. I'll post it over in their support section and see what they say.

Protip: Don't unintentionally click the larger + signs on the forum overview.  Doing so marks the entire sub-forum as "read" and reminds you that you aren't as intelligent as you'd like to think.

Cameron and I are discussing a few things:

1. Getting rid of the Banana color entry and changing it to offer a more LCVG darker Orange. I personally don't think the banana will get much use, but let me know what you think.

2. I've put a question into support on what needs to be changed in the template to allow for standard block avatars instead of circular. I don't have any preference on that so I'm find with changing it. If anyone likes the circular or the majority does, I'll leave it or see if we can do two version of the skin with each.

3. Cameron is going to look into changing the reputation button color if possible. I think the green clashes a bit so we'll see about that moving forward.

4. All seems to be going well so I'm going to change the new skin to the default here by the end of my work day for everyone. Any objections?

Update #2

- Cameron was able to get the reputation box under our names to be a light grey so it doesn't clash with the different colors in the new skin.

- Cameron also spent some time adding the original LCVG Orange as mentioned above. We have gotten rid of the banana yellow color entirely. The new orange is called LCVG and is at the front of the options in the style editor.

- The new skin is now the default skin for the forum! The original IP Board skin is still there as is the LCVG Orange we added awhile back. (LCVG Orange 2 will be going away shortly, we were using it to do some testing).

Thanks, Cameron and Kelley for all of the work done!

Yes, a more standard orange would be nice.  I would call it Bengal-orange.  But the orange we have...is not so orange.  Much better.

I like the theme. It took a bit to find how to enable a theme, as I haven't utilized a theme on LCVG in a few years. (If anyone else is looking for the theme settings, they aren't in the forum/user setting at the top, but rather via a link on the bottom left hand side of the front page.)

A couple of items of note,... the LCVG in the banner is rasterized (I think that's the correct term).

Here is an exaggerated example of this issue.

raster_text.jpg

And the banners with the user names feel a little too bold and heavy. I think lighter option would alleviate that feeling.  (I'm using the Orange/Marble/Waves)  I thought perhaps the bar itself might be too thick, but ultimately I think a lighter option, like like a charcoal grey, would be perfect.

Oh and one last thing. Have we been a bad bad forum? Clicking the Youtube button brings up this message

"This account has been terminated due to repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines and/or claims of copyright infringement."  

:Dawson:

Working on the logo lettering. Cameron and I talked about that earlier. Like I said..work in progress.

The youtube and google plus buttons will be going away in the social media bar. Ignore the message.:) Facebook and Twitter links are being updated.