LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

OSX/Safari feature or forum quirk? (with regards to copy and pasting text from articles)

This has been bugging me for a while, but when copying fragments of an article to paste into a thread it drives me mad how I seem to always be pasting the font and even the background colour from the source website. Is this something to do with Safari/OSX or is it the forum software? Either way I'd love to know how to disable it so future copy and pasting is consistent with the forum's own font type and size.

On Windows machines I use CTRL+SHIFT+V to remove formatting from the copied text.

If the same keyboard shortcut works for you I believe it would be COMMAND+SHIFT+V.

Pasting, then recopying from the address bar(or something like notepad) will normally remove that formatting as well, in windows.  Pain, but...

This has been bugging me for a while, but when copying fragments of an article to paste into a thread it drives me mad how I seem to always be pasting the font and even the background colour from the source website. Is this something to do with Safari/OSX or is it the forum software? Either way I'd love to know how to disable it so future copy and pasting is consistent with the forum's own font type and size.

Generally on a Mac, you can Paste text without formatting with Shift+CMD+Option+V, but doesn't work here.

You can use the "Paste with Plain Text" Button at the top right of the tools, or you can go into full on code mode by clicking the "BBCode Button" at the top left. Everything pasted there will be plain text. Not sure if there's a way to paste without formatting in the normal window.

Actually, I just noticed there is an option to "Paste with Plain text by default". Click the options button in the far right of the top row.

It doesn't seem to strip everything out though. I'd leave it on though as it might pull out some things like background color. Not sure.