LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Cappa

No Man's Sky - (PS4, PC) August 9th 2016 US - Time for one more E3 demo!

I may not even get to base building. I should, as right now it is one major factor that differentiates the experience from Elite Dangerous, but I think as an antidote to Elite I am better viewing No Man's Sky as a floaty colourful atmospheric free roaming experience, one that I will probably never feel compelled to complete or progress though in any great way. The physics and attention to detail in Elite gives that game a wow factor of that universe feeling alive and bustling with activity, but it'll be nice to dip into something like this for a less demanding play session.

• Like 1

dogbert    239

Base building comes relatively early, if you follow the given path. The ability to teleport back to your base from a space station, and back to that space station, means you're always able to relatively easily return "home", build, expand, store, and then get back out to the bleeding edge. It's a good compromise as base building in this game would be otherwise dumb, the push to go "forward" to new systems is so key. 

After pointedly not buying it this past year, 1.3 is exactly what I needed to jump in. Thoroughly loved up, warts & all, at this point - it's got the right balance of exploring & direction, if you choose to follow the given paths. This matches what 11 year old me imagined on the ZX81, where I mocked up screens of space exploration games before I had any clue how to build them or the scale of work, so damn much. I likes.

• Like 2

Romier S    648

Rebought the PS4 version for $17 bucks. The right price and it certainly sounds as though they're getting closer to making an actual worthwhile game here.

Eldorado    155
7 hours ago, Romier S said:

Rebought the PS4 version for $17 bucks. The right price and it certainly sounds as though they're getting closer to making an actual worthwhile game here.

Did you have a credit or something?  Shows at $24 for me.