LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

The Easy Allies thread

Kyle weaseled out of a bet and they put him on trial. I though there was no way I was going to watch the whole thing, but I did.  :lawl

I also just heard that Kyle is working with Geoff Keighley on his new YouTube show: http://venturebeat.com/2016/09/22/ge...ive-talk-show/

That could be interesting. I'd wondered what Kyle was going to be working on when he said he own channel would be taking a break. There are really so very few online gaming personalities I can enjoy. I like Bosman a great deal, and Danny O'Dwyer does some good stuff (and is now crowdfunding his own in depth game related documentaries). 

He's had a running joke poking fun at Battleborn, which concluded there with Kyle making a stupid mistake by tying up all his savings in the milkshake market after boasting about being able to afford a medium boat, while Battleborn still comes out on top having actually made some money. I took it as his response to some people calling him out for being a bit mean spirited about various games in these Dear Bosman segments and having some kind of superiority complex, which is a bizarre accusation to me if anyone is familiar with his past output (coincidentally David Jaffe went off on a huge rant following this episode's bit about Drawn to Death).

WHY Milkshakes? I don't know. I think it's a random thing like Homer putting all his money in pumpkins but forgetting to sell his stock before Halloween. 

He's had a running joke poking fun at Battleborn, which concluded there with Kyle making a stupid mistake by tying up all his savings in the milkshake market after boasting about being able to afford a medium boat, while Battleborn still comes out on top having actually made some money. I took it as his response to some people calling him out for being a bit mean spirited about various games in these Dear Bosman segments and having some kind of superiority complex, which is a bizarre accusation to me if anyone is familiar with his past output (coincidentally David Jaffe went off on a huge rant following this episode's bit about Drawn to Death).

WHY Milkshakes? I don't know. I think it's a random thing like Homer putting all his money in pumpkins but forgetting to sell his stock before Halloween. 

Ahh so a continuity joke... I see, I needed to see the prev episodes... 

I think the The Easy Allies podcast is really great lately. They've hit a stride. It's consistently fun to listen to with all the games and hypothetical questions they pose to each other, and there are some great questions sent into them via the 'Love and Respect' section too. 

@Angry the Clown did you catch the beginning on the podcast this week? That delivery 😄. He didn’t break once.

But I don’t get it overall. I’m sure I missed something. 

• Like 1

I just started listening to this after seeing some of their reaction videos from E3 this year. This show (specifically the main podcast) is a lot of fun. I’ve enjoyed listening to them craft the EZA Desirability Index the past four episodes. It’s a great way to listen to them talk about the games announced at E3.

Also shame on Cameron for changing the title of this thread in the last two hours. I was just now trying to find this thread again in the search and couldn’t figure out why it didn’t come up when I searched for “gametrailers.”  🤣

13 hours ago, JFo said:

Also shame on Cameron for changing the title of this thread in the last two hours. I was just now trying to find this thread again in the search and couldn’t figure out why it didn’t come up when I searched for “gametrailers.”  🤣

Ha, I should have made a new thread, but I did leave the original title in the edit notes of the first post. Layoffs at Defy Media didn’t seem to represent this now 😄

4 hours ago, Starhawk said:

Ha, I should have made a new thread, but I did leave the original title in the edit notes of the first post. Layoffs at Defy Media didn’t seem to represent this now 😄

It’s cool, man. No worries.

I was just looking at their Patreon page and they’re less than $300 shy of reaching their goal of $50,000/month, which would enable them to build their own studio. Good on them! Hopefully they hit it soon.

6 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I loved this recent video from Ian and Bosman.

Talk about about going down a rabbit hole...

Feels like I went a decade without a good videogame podcast before this came along.  Still crying about there being no 1up Yours