LCVG
Starhawk

TIP THE BARTENDER

02cecchini-tmagArticle.jpg

It’s been almost 2 years to the day that we decided to upgrade our hosting and make a lot of improvements to the forum. It’s easy to forget, but back then the site was consistently going down and we were running the plain old default forum skin. This bar had no identity, the mugs were dirty, and the power kept going out.

In our last fundraiser, we added:

• New Hosting to keep the site up consistently at $70/month
  • A new modern forum skin with per user customizable styles
  • Site Chat Room that gets heavy use over E3, Gamescom, Playstation Experience, etc.
  • Larger YouTube embeds
  • Tweet Embeds
  • Embeds for videos from sites like IGN, Gametrailers, Gamersyde, Vine, Instagram, so you don’t have to leave the forum to view.
  • Various Emotes 
  • Im missing something here Im sure

This was done with the generous support from the following members who contributed to our initial 2013 fundraiser:

Terlip
Derrik Draven
secretvampire
JoeyN
PackFan
Angel P
Dan B.
Carlucci
EnemaEms
Starhawk
Romier S
kelley

Thanks again to all of you! You've helped get the forum to where it is today. Please let me know if I forgot anybody.

Dollar amounts aren't listed as someone who wants to make a smaller contribution shouldn't feel they have to compete. The amounts differ person to person anyway based on many reasons. Some people may see less value in the forum as they use it less than others, and every bit helps to keep us going.

So, what are our goals for this campaign?
First of all, kelley has lowered our hosting expense from $70/month to $30/month! We are limited a bit in the number of simultaneous users, but we’ve been running on this for a few months now, and it has been working great for us so far. That's really all we need covered! We all did the heavy lifting last time, so not much else is needed other than server cost.

That being said, we’d love to push this out another two years. By that time, we will all be playing games on virtual reality, we'll be reading posts about Star Wars Episode VIII, and we'll have flying cars. I am sure of it. If you use and love the forum, consider giving something. Really, anything helps. I'll update the thread with how we are doing!

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

How much do I have to send for Kelley to pay the bill on time?  :hathaway:

I'll be sending some scratch shortly...

• Like 2

I should be able to contribute sometime in March, or April at the latest. I'd like to make it a decent sum having not put anything in the last time around (which I am rather embarrassed about given what most of you, except for Romier, mean to me).

• Like 1

I should be able to contribute sometime in March, or April at the latest. I'd like to make it a decent sum having not put anything in the last time around (which I am rather embarrassed about given what most of you, except for Romier, mean to me).

uYtpDCo.gif

I have decided to host a single month. I would like it to be May.

Brecher may co-host with me. As an American, I am used to having to carry the weight of my former English tyrants.

Let it be so.

• Like 2

TIL: Paypal doesn't accept Good Looks as a valid form of payment. WTF!  I just sent cash instead, sorry about that!

TIL: Paypal doesn't accept Good Looks as a valid form of payment. WTF!  I just sent cash instead, sorry about that!

Oh they do, it's just they can't run at a deficit in your case.

Oh they do, it's just they can't run at a deficit in your case.

I am unfortunately running at humour deficit. I cannot cash that check for laughter!

• Like 1

Guys.

GUYS!

We set a goal to cover the cost to run the place for 2 years. I just verified and added up all the donations and we crushed it.

We should be good to go until the beginning of 2018, lol.

Photo%20Jan%2010%2C%2012%2005%2003%20AM.          1781042_o.gif         N8HiZgS.gif

Very cool to see so many people come together and pitch in to help run this thing as it was more than last time. I'll post a list of everyone shortly. If anyone else wants to pitch in, don't hesitate to do so, we might be able to make it a full 3 years!