LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Jordan_E

Home Theater Expansion Project

So, it's starting earlier than I thought.  Guys are coming over today to start in on the wall.  Going to have not only a bigger room, but bigger screen, going from 110" to 150".  Will post pictures once it gets going.  The main problem with my original home theater is that it was too small for the monster A/V unit I have, it needed more room to blast, but other than dragging it down to the front room (which you can't use until after 9 PM due to inability to control the light), the other option was a bigger room.  Supposed to be pretty much done by the weekend.  Have to figure out which movies to watch first!  

Took some crappy phone pictures, but will wait until the room is painted and use my Canon.  And wife is spending the weekend with her friends, so that means watching anything I want this weekend!  Star Wars, Star Trek, Die Hard...BOOM!

After 25 years together, we've come to an understanding:  I don't force her to watch Die Hard, etc. and I don't have to watch her Nicholas Sparks-type crapfests.

And it's finished, except for moving all of my equipment back into the room.  If someone can remind me how to use photo bucket here at LCVG, I can post pictures later, when it's all set up and ready to go.  Going to be fun!

Using pallets, put in the couch behind the two theaters chairs and it worked perfectly.  Small refrigerator in the back, popcorn machine just outside door.  Put my Laser Disc player into the equipment rack and was surprised it still worked.  So, running OTA HD for upcoming football, Blu Ray, Laser Disc, Netflix, HD Radio, Xbox One, and have my dedicated SACD/DVDA player.  Well worth the investment.    

Still need to hang my posters and clean up the wire mess behind the rack.  Bet I won't get to finishing the little things until after school starts again.  Kids...and dogs... To quote Roger Murtaugh:  "I'm getting too old for this shit."  (that, and trying to talk the wife into getting a new 4K TV)

Decided to not hang posters, because the walls look too nice, even after all this time.  I really need to figure out how to post pix here.

Still haven't made the adjustments to properly fit my screen.  Lazy.  Going to watch THE MEG 3D today.  Yes, lousy movie, but wanted to check out the 3D.

20190212_142423.jpg

20190212_142436.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, I haven't taken the ten minutes it would take to hide the wires under my screen. 

We set the theater up in August.

:banderas:

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Yeah, I haven't taken the ten minutes it would take to hide the wires under my screen. 

We set the theater up in August.

:banderas:

My Voice of God speaker wire keeps dropping down.  Have someone who offered to run the wires into the ceiling, walls, but have I taken him up on that offer?  Oh well.  Nothing a little tape doesn't fix.  Ugh.  

• Like 1

Man, I couldn't get 20 minutes into The Meg 3D before shutting it down.  Sadly, the movie with the best beyond-the-screen-almost-in-your-lap shots has been Jaws 3D.  LOL.

• Like 1