LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Camp

Microsoft Account Verification When Browsing LCVG

I'm experiencing an issue that may or may not be LCVG related but it only happens when I browse LCVG:

It happens randomly. I click on a thread link here at LCVG, the page loads and then suddenly changes to this:

nmikqjR.jpg

The URL changes to this:

NgLRVML.jpg

It appears to be a Microsoft account verification screen...but why would it pop up without any initiation from me?  And why would it pop up only when browsing LCVG?  

To be clear, this isn't a pop-up window.  The LCVG page loads perfectly then suddenly loads what you see above.  I have not clicked anything for fear it may be a phishing scheme I just hit the back button and continue what I was reading at LCVG...but it inevitably happens again in that session.

I'm not sure if this is on my end or not.  It's odd that it only occurs when browsing LCVG though.  

I'm runningOS X 10.10.2 and using Chrome.  Any thoughts on what I should do?

Someone's sig or something? Account.live.com is the 'proper' verification site for logging in & managing your xbox/ms account.

Just for reference, I've never seen that before. I run Chrome on every device, although we don't own any Apple products.

So, do you think it is safe to click on the options and see if it goes away?

I'd go to xbox.com & log in there to see if you get a verification (I sometimes do, based on what pc/browser I'm using). I wouldn't click on it via some random site, even if it's lcvg ;)

If it is in signatures try turning them off in the control panel here. That might help narrow it down.

I think it's someones playercard from their sig.  I saw it a couple of times yesterday too.  I logged in to MS and answered their questions and it stopped.