LCVG
Romier S

Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4 Exclusive from Guerilla games - Delayed to February 28th, 2017

Save the lazy elitist gifs. I don't care if you think my opinion is dog shit, do as your mothers surely taught you, use your words!

Rip me a new one, I don't care, at least I'll still respect your whore ass in the morning!

Even though I think this game looks absolutely awesome, I think it's douche-y to rag on people who might not agree with me. Aren't we allowed to have a difference of opinion here without tearing each other down?

Everyone has a right to their opinion, even if it doesn't agree with mine. That means you are wrong, but who am I to judge?  :Cruise:

Normally I would be concerned about story here since this is the Killzone folks, but knowing that they snagged one helluva writer from Obsidian a couple of years back has me not concerned so much.

-Dean-

• Like 1

I don't get why it's a problem yet. There's some heavy implication that we're in some post-Skynet style apocalypse where AI rule the Earth. Those megafauna shapes have evolved naturally many times over the millennia. We've got things like BigDog being built not just for the cool looks but because they're a good solution to movement over rough, complex terrain. So I can see a way to argue that these people are facing giant quadruped robots prowling across the landscape, scavenging resources from some of them and having to destroy others that want to kill them or wreck wherever they're getting a food supply from.

Save the lazy elitist gifs. I don't care if you think my opinion is dog shit, do as your mothers surely taught you, use your words!

Rip me a new one, I don't care, at least I'll still respect your whore ass in the morning!

Oh calm down it was just a joke. Posting a picture is not Elitist, and I think it's funny to even be called that.

• Like 2

Oh calm down it was just a joke. Posting a picture is not Elitist, and I think it's funny to even be called that.

I think you may be taking Joel more serious that you think he is.;)

For fun I decided to Bing (yes, I use Bing shut up) "elitist gif". I like this one best.

RhhP28.gif

Now if someone would have responded with that, I would have thought that was pretty funny. :)

They have already said it is a post post apocalyptic game. The Last of Us has already happened and this is hundreds of years after that. Civilization is just starting over and they are not dinosaurs according to them. You will discover what happened as you go along apparently. It looks and sounds great to me.

For fun I decided to Bing (yes, I use Bing shut up) "elitist gif". I like this one best.

You just reminded me of this. :)

BGOHaRWCIAEMJXO.jpg

Yeah. If there isn't some explanation for robotic wildlife then they have failed at a fundamental story level. However, biology isn't much more than chemical machinery, so it's not such a massive step to believe something like this could exist.

Delayed to February 28th, 2017.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/06/horizon-zero-dawn-new-trailer-new-release-date/

As you can see in the trailer, we’ve decided to push the release date for Horizon Zero Dawn to February 28, 2017. It wasn’t an easy choice to make; we know many of you have been anxious to play the game since we first announced it. However, we also want to ensure that Horizon Zero Dawn lives up to the visuals and gameplay quality that our games are known for. The new date affords us the extra time required to deliver fully on our ambitious vision for Horizon Zero Dawn.

We realize that this decision may not please everyone. At the same time, we’re confident that the advantages of the additional development time afforded by the new date will become clear in the coming months, as we start to share more cool details and videos from Horizon Zero Dawn. We really, really appreciate your patience and continued support, and look forward to bringing you the best game we possibly can in February 2017.

New trailer:

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the voice over in the trailer. The performance is lacking and it just comes off cheesy. Thankfully, Aloy's VA is quite a bit better (if sparse in the trailer).  Looks absolutely stunning though and I remain intrigued and highly interested.

Curious if the game will have a PS4 Neo mode to it. :)

EDIT: Having watched the trailer again - I hope I'm wrong but I get the sense that she's a

android/cyborg, etc. Her name is Aloy for god sakes - please don't be something so obvious. :/

Not surprised about the delay. A little disappointed but whatever.

The game just looks so stunning. Everytime I see something new I'm blown away. This is the kind of thing I want to see in more games vs just realism.

Even the standard edition box art shown in the trailer looks gorgeous. I hope it stays like that.

I so hope it is fun to play.

New gameplay video from Gameinformer that discusses some of the games depth and systems.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/09/07/the-surprising-depth-of-horizon-zero-dawns-new-gameplay.aspx?utm_content=buffer0cf93&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The variety of environments looks superb. Hopefully they nail the story/gameplay over x number of hours. Seems like a lengthy experience.