LCVG
Romier S

Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4 Exclusive from Guerilla games - Delayed to February 28th, 2017

It's too bad this is coming out so soon before Breath of the Wild. I don't think I can handle two giant open world games at the same time. I'll definitely pick this up at a later date once I'm done with Zelda.

I feel much the same. I don't expect to even have the means to play Zelda this year, but I watched the Easy Allies review for Horizon earlier and it's clearly not an experience for me, at least one I find myself wanting anytime soon. I am glad it is getting such good reviews though. I'll get to it someday, but anything open world with a lot of inventory fiddling is a big ask of me these days. 

Good lord this game is gorgeous looking.  My launch PS4 sounded like a jet engine from the time I began install, but man, I'm impressed.  I'ma little jealous of those with a Pro and 4K.  Can't imagine how it will look with that equipment.

Played for roughly an hour, so I just made it through the intro movie and the tutorial.  I got to do a little combat, upgrading, and crafting.  I'm anxious to play more.

The statue that comes with the Collector's edition looks great, although the face is a little bland.

God this is gorgeous. 

Good lord this game is gorgeous looking.  

Christ this game is ugly*.

*It isn't. I don't own it. I'm just trying to be radical on the internets.

• Like 1

A lot of comparisons to Far Cry, right?  I was excited to play Far Cry, but that particular flavor or open-worldiness didn't quite work for me.  Not sure why.  I think I grow tired of it, eventually.   Some games do a better job of slowing the open world burnout.  Far Cry fizzled out pretty quickly for me.  So even though this game is getting high praise, I'm a little skeptical.  

I'll certainly try it eventually.

Good lord this game is gorgeous looking. My launch PS4 sounded like a jet engine from the time I began install, but man, I'm impressed. I'ma little jealous of those with a Pro and 4K. Can't imagine how it will look with that equipment,

The only game that makes my launch PS4 sound like a jet engine is Doom. I'm about a year away from a 4K monitor but if more games are going to tax my launch unit like this, maybe it's time I upgraded to the Pro now. Besides, maybe it can help with the PSVR visuals.

I'm playing on a lowly 1080p Sharp 71" monitor, and damn!!! I thought Uncharted 4 was gorgeous, but even at this very early stage in my play through, Uncharted 4 just got dethroned as the best looking PS4 game, imho. I'm playing this on the PS4 Pro, and it's just jaw dropping. Seriously. I didn't know that there was going to be 2 choices for those of us on 1080. I chose the one for higher performance, but with more graphical effects.

Not too far into it, but really liking what I've experienced so far. I'm getting torn between this, and the latest large expansion/patch drop for The Division, which came out this morning.

The only game that makes my launch PS4 sound like a jet engine is Doom. I'm about a year away from a 4K monitor but if more games are going to tax my launch unit like this, maybe it's time I upgraded to the Pro now. Besides, maybe it can help with the PSVR visuals.

I can't remember what Podcast it was (DLC, Bombcast...) but they did say the Pro did make a noticeable difference on PSVR compared to the original PS4.  

I can't remember what Podcast it was (DLC, Bombcast...) but they did say the Pro did make a noticeable difference on PSVR compared to the original PS4.

It did for me. The visuals took a step up clarity. Not quite as muddy as they are on the vanilla PS4.

This game, trying to avoid hyperbole... but damn, it's fucking beautiful.  I got about 3 hours in and it's just SO good.  Games with this much polish, I assume are Naughty Dog.  And I agree, this beats Uncharted 4 for graphics, no doubt.  I can't stop taking screen shots.  The depth of field is mind blowing in photo mode.  I can't help but pick up every rock, stick, flower, you name it.  They don't explain the crafting very well, but when my bags were full, I went in and just starting upgrading all my stuff... no problem, more space now available.  Very Far Cry in that regard.

The combat is awesome.  I and luring them in for instant kills, or just peppering with arrows, get them on the ground and do a critical strike with the spear.  So good!!  Story is great so far as well, lots of explanations will be needed.  I just can't believe how much I've been taken in by this, and the music, wow, just great.

For reference, I'm on a Samsung KS8000 with the Pro, using "higher graphics"... I've had no slowdown or issues at all.

This took a minute to actually load the photos, but just look at these 4 shots, no spoilers.  Just amazing.

https://goo.gl/photos/YUV5KGAdjQaNrEvZ6

Just jaw dropping on the B6 in HDR.....no words.

Love exploring and the combat, etc. I agree with Tom - the polish is incredible.

Uncharted still wins in the character model/animation category though. Different type of game and different scope to be fair.;)

Played this for an hour or two between Rocket League sessions.  Amazing looking game.  Looking forward to getting through the trial area.  Unfortunately I start my work week today.  :(

Yeah, Uncharted 4 is a set-piece machine and I'm not expecting much to top parts of that game any time soon :).

I have it bad for this game though; been dying to play more than I've been able to. I'm JUST on the cusp of leaving the starting area, had to take off mid-mission this morning sadly.

Love the setting so much and I just unlocked the costumes so I am very pleased by that turn of events ;).

I've got about 3 hours into it, haven't even gotten to the Proving yet, but love it so far.  It's also in that rarified air of Uncharted in that it's a game my wife will sit and watch me play.  :)

I saved just before The Proving, last night. My inventory is getting pretty full since I'm collecting everything I can grab. I think you can kill animals and make larger pouches to increase inventory...??? Haven't dug too deep yet into the crafting part.

Oh yea, you can increase your pouches for resources, health, ammo, all that stuff.  I did the Proving, and got some serious story stuff going.  Some great things starting to happen, hit Level 11, still very impressed.

I saved just before The Proving, last night. My inventory is getting pretty full since I'm collecting everything I can grab. I think you can kill animals and make larger pouches to increase inventory...??? Haven't dug too deep yet into the crafting part.

Yep, go under the crafting menu and there's a section called something like "Carry capacity" and there's a ton of items there and it will go grow as you add more ammo and other items. This includes resources, modifications, ammo types, outfit capacity and more.

I'm right before the Proving right now. Just finished

going through all of the conversation between Eldren, Olin and the other Carja clan folks in Nora.

. I didn't make my way there until I was level 8 though. I got everything I could out of the starting area including buying all of the weapons available from the outcast merchant and making sure to finish all of the side quests (i almost missed one related to a lady who's brother went missing).

I got through the Proving this morning, it was a little longer than I would have liked but had some interesting story beats. This game loves to layer the mysteries and it does so in a way that makes me want to know more and more about the world and story.

Played for about an hour and a half tonight, and damn is this thing amazing. Makes my PS4 sound like a 747 though :)

This became one of my favorite games after only 4 or 5 hours of game play. It's that good.

Combat never gets old. It's like I'm going hunting. And so far I only got killed once. I've only gotten to level 6 or 7 and I'm about to start the proving (I confronted Bast - he officially defeats Seifer from Final Fantasy VIII as THE most annoying rival character in a game).

I know that story about takes 40 hours to complete, but quite frankly, all I want to do is just go around and explore. This game is going to end up eating more of my life than Skyrim did.

Level 17 and moving along. The world is just so damned engaging. I love the world building, the story is well paced and the exploration element just never gets old. Superb game thus far. I haven't been able to put it down.