LCVG
Romier S

Playstation VR (the artist formally known as Morpheus)

So what are the move controllers going to add to the price? Is the PS Camera required as well?

Camera would be required.

I'm hoping they're included... but they weren't in that photo.  If not, I'm thinking it might be $99 bundle to add it and the move controllers if you need them. 

The photo seems to represent everything included, right down to the user manual, so we're definitely looking at extra for the camera and move. Might pay to buy those sooner rather than later as it's possible deals might be easier to find this side of the summer before prices regulate in the build up to VR launch. 

The photo seems to represent everything included, right down to the user manual, so we're definitely looking at extra for the camera and move. Might pay to buy those sooner rather than later as it's possible deals might be easier to find this side of the summer before prices regulate in the build up to VR launch. 

Should've bought a cheap cameras, back when they were being cleared out. :)

October 2016, $399 US

More the pricing I expected from Occulus. I'm in for $399. I already have the camera and the move controller.

Battlefront VR! 

I think the $399 package is "bare bones" (even though that pic makes it look like it comes with a lot!) and assumes you have a PS4 camera and extra PS Move controllers lying around, which is probably a small group on the Venn diagram.

More the pricing I expected from Occulus. I'm in for $399. I already have the camera and the move controller.

Battlefront VR! 

Battlefront "experience".... I'm not expecting a retrofit of the entire game, but still.... Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie.

Battlefront "experience".... I'm not expecting a retrofit of the entire game, but still.... Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie.

Yep. Gimme flying an X-Wing from the cockpit in VR and its already worth the $400. :)

CdnqyAHWIAAwLnc.jpg

Highlights:

• Star Wars Battlefront exclusive PSVR title developed by EA coming for launch
  • Play standard PS4 games and videos in virtual cinema.
  • Media Player being updated to support 360 photos and videos...
  • 230 developers.
  • 1920 x RGB x 1080 screen.
  • Like 1

Amazon UK has a pre-order notice up:

Please be advised that PlayStation VR will go on sale at 11:00 GMT on Wednesday, 16 March, 2016. Due to limited stock we are only able to offer one unit per customer per address

I have to admit, I've been a scoffer at these VR headsets since Oculus was first announced.  I guess I'm old enough to remember those cheesy systems in the arcades where you stood on a ringed stand and played a shitty polygonal game, and how back then VR was hyped as the future only to disappear for decades.

But Friday when I bought my new phone, a Galaxy S7 Edge, they had the Gear VR available for demo, and since I'm getting one free for purchasing the phone, I figured I'd give it a shot.  Even just on the limited 3 minute demo I had, it was damn impressive.  The head-tracking, immersive feel was incredible.

Now I can't wait to see where this goes.  Not sure I'm ready to jump on a pre-order just yet, but this really could be the future, or at least a long overdue, very viable, tangential new era of video gaming.   

Carlos.

Amazon UK re-orders are up, and they have an image of the box too.

71jax3RtOoL._SL1500_.jpg

I honestly don't think I can afford to dive into VR this year. I am intrigued. I could pre-order one just to be safe, since they will not charge me until it ships and then make a final decision despending on my finances and the software line up in October. It went on sale at 11am and they already have a notice saying that they cannot guarantee delivery at launch for any orders placed after 11:45 based on their initial shipment allocation. 

I don't really want to live on this planet anymore. I'd sooner live in Rez world. It's going to be just like the Lawnmower Man but less shit. 

I'm in like Flynn on the PlayStation VR, and I have been for a while!

Sony sold and resold me at every point along the way. That headset is as sexy and comfortable looking a piece of geek-wear I've ever seen (wires withstanding). VR is a gaming dream, and with everything else they have in place, Sony 'should' deliver an amazing experience, imo.

I picked up the camera cheap over the holidays, so I'm glad that minor investment seems to have worked out. One thing I never considered was a Move purchase, I guess it's time to start looking.

Often I'm hesitant to be a guinea pig on new releases, but I'm ready to be head-of-the-line this go round. Exciting times!

I can't guarantee I'll be able to get one at launch, and I still can't decide which platform I most want one on (edging toward PSVR, but there's still Elite on PC) so I'm waiting until they're all on the market - knowing that Rez Infinite will work in 2D as well helps a lot.