LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Planet Coaster announced for PC

6 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

This is perhaps the best thing I have ever seen made in the game. 

Now I want to build Rez: The Ride.

So is there a vendor before the ride who gives out pills for this?

What's particularly remarkable is the use of the game's light triggers...etc. They are a bastard to work with, but my goodness that player has mastered them. I need to see if this is on the workshop. Whenever I see these videos of huge rides I'd always like to load them up to see how much real estate they take up. Things like this would typically take up most of a park map I'd have thought.

Looking forward to the new DLC this week (mostly for the scenery pieces). 

• Like 1

A look at all the content in the Vintage DLC:

Shame the popcorn machines are self serve. I had hoped they'd have a Vendor beside a cart like Disneyland. Like wise, the Barbershop Quartet comes attached to a stage, so you can't emulate Main St Dapper Dans. 

I love the hot air balloon. I tried building a steampunk style air balloon last year and just couldn't get it right, but now I can use this one as a base and build onto it. Also there's an old timey car! There's a lot of really lovely pieces in this pack. Probably the most interesting to me since the Adventure Pack. The detail in some of the wall pieces in this pack looks superb too. Small billboard sign was long overdue (wish there was an unthemed version, but as it is it's still easy to work with). Bumblebees and butterflies are so cute too!

Here's a look at everything in the free update:

This is a really nice update. Love the planters and coaster supports.

There's a Humble sale on Frontier titles at the moment with a 55% discount on Planet Coaster and 15% off the individual DLC packs (not including Vintage, obviously).

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/frontier-sale/?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_2_layout_type_threes_tile_index_3

Ends on Sunday.

Mike from Bro Coaster has my favourite Planet Coaster Youtube series at the moment. He's doing is own take on the pier section of Disney's California Adventure, which since it opened has been through three re-designs (the latest being a rather slapdash Pixar themed overlay), and he's referring to far more ambitious concept art Disney originally revealed as well as just making general improvements to the layout and design of his own.

OK, now that I have built my new desk and have the PC up and running after several weeks I am going to start a big Planet Coaster project this evening. I've no idea how achievable it will be given my PC's limitations, but given I am considering upgrading later in the year I should have no problem getting started. I'm taking some inspiration from the videos above, only my plan is to actually re-design an entire real life park with the view of correcting its flaws. Not ready to say which one it is yet (I'll say that it Disney park though) but my approach is to treat it not as if it is being re-designed from day 1, but trying to take the existing layout and change it as if things were being changed/added/removed from a working park in real life. 

First step will be to max out the map size which you can do in the scenario editor mode. The layout should be the easy bit because not much of it is changing. The problem will be that it's a very indoor/dark ride heavy park which is really where system resources are going to be eaten up and also where I'm going to have to put a lot of creative thought to good use. We'll see how I go. If I start to feel confident I can do this then I'll begin sharing pics. 

• Like 1

MAJOR game changer coming up before the end of the year. Frontier will be introducing the ability to import custom 3D modelling assets!

The team have been hard at work as we’re getting ready for another Planet Coaster update, but we've got a very special announcement for you today, which we hope enables and strengthens that creativity even further:

Thememaker's Toolkit

The Thememaker's Toolkit is a pipeline system for 3D models to be added as scenery items to your parks. It is a free feature we have been working on for a while now, and will truly challenge players who'd love to try their hand at creating all-new items for their parks! Skilled artists within the community will be able to create a host of items such as a sci-fi spaceship, or an amazingly crafted piece of foliage. The Thememaker's Toolkit will give you the ability to bring your 3D models to life and share them with everyone.

This much-requested community feature will make its way into the game later this year. We wanted to let you know today as some Thememaker's Toolkit files will be visible in the game folders after our next update. We also hope this gives you plenty of time to prepare your gaming stations with the necessary tools, or start planning your next creations which will be infused with boundless variety once the feature launches.

We will have even more news for you soon regarding the next Planet Coaster update, but for now: thank you for your ongoing support!

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/34140-Coming-Soon-to-Planet-Coaster-Thememaker-s-Toolkit

New DLC is 'World's Fair,' a really lovely looking expansion of theme sets inspired via various countries. It's out on 16th of October for the usual price.

9234406a-8a58-4306-b5b7-f4451908339d.jpg

e3021974-b07c-4e5d-8259-6572288ad657.jpg

Inspired by real-world theme parks and celebrating global cultures, the World's Fair Pack will introduce you to 10 fabulous new brands from around the world; each of these brands brings with it some giant and regular food signs, vending machines, and traditional wall-sets including shop panels, doors, and roof pieces from that part of the world, such as Mediterranean or renaissance architecture. Each new brand comes with a dedicated new shop for your guests to grab food from, such as delicious skewers from Dune Delights or mouth-watering sweets from Sugary Emporium. There's also a host of new cultural props, fences, path extras, and character hats. 

As if that wasn't enough, the World's Fair Pack also features two new coasters and a ride! The Jixxer and Interceptor are a dueling duo of launched motorcycle coasters with a high-speed hydraulic launched track and riders leaning into the corners as they embark on a crazy motorcycle race! The Polarity is an unmanned rapid transport system using magnetic forces to propel the train forward at great speed. It has a unique and flexible track system with a futuristic feel.

Obligatory "they're never going to give me a Pirates of the Caribbean style boat ride" comment.