LCVG
JTello

PlayStation 4: The Thread - Part 2 - Slim Releases on September 15th, 2016 for $299.99

Boyes is at D23 right now announcing all this stuff. I hope 16bit Empire and Jedi get released too.

Not sure I'd brand Racer Revenge, Bounty Hunter and Jedi Starfighter as classics. 

That SW special edition is just hideous.  How in the FUCK did they miss the opportunity to integrate the status light bar into a lightsaber design or something instead of just having it cross over the forehead of the poorly done Vader graphic?

How in the FUCK did they miss the opportunity to integrate the status light bar into a lightsaber design or something instead of just having it cross over the forehead of the poorly done Vader graphic?

Abrams just had to get the blue streak in there somewhere!

Carlos.

• Like 1

What ever happened to the 20th Anniversary Controller that was supposed to be out in September?

What ever happened to the 20th Anniversary Controller that was supposed to be out in September?

And why can't we have the PS4 Metal Gear edition in the US? 

I had it pre-ordered from Amazon.fr. It was $435 to have it shipped here express. I cancelled once I got the Batman PS4. That MGS5 PS4 is still the best, IMO.

-Dean-

Not even a diss, really. AC is legendarily a mess, Destiny seems to be carefully designed to hate you for not owning the expansions, and Arkham comes with it on a normal day.

Unity is shit but its free so whatever and the patches have at least made it playable on the platform. Destiny is still popular as hell and a pretty significant expansion is hitting that will drive up users again. Hate all you like but the value is pretty damned good. 

Microsoft made hay last year with an AC Unity/Black Flag package, afterall.

Dis Destiny all you want, but the people who are into it really love it.

Yep. The Taken King bundle will sell PS4's in September, IMO.

I enjoyed it up to the grind and then I backed away slowly. Still, got a white PS4 out of it so I cannot complain much ;)

Dis Destiny all you want, but the people who are into it really love it.

I'm not dissing Destiny per se; it's one of the games I'd most like to play on a PS4 (I can't bring myself to spend money on the PS3 version with that pad and when everyone I know with it is on the more modern platform with no cross-play). Just the idea of getting the base game with no updates when any long-term enjoyment with the game is going to need you to buy all the expansions - at which point you might as well get the Taken King bundle next month rather than buy everything piecemeal.

PS4 3.0 features :

Sony announced few new features that will come with 3.0 firmware. They say this is not final list.

Events: A new hub for events has been added, giving an overview of activities taking place in the games you play most, as well as official broadcasts. For instance, you may see an update for a double XP weekend, a special enemy appearing at a scheduled time, or seasonal events like in-game towns being decorated for the winter.

YouTube live: PS4 owners will be able to live stream gameplay to YouTube. Live streams will be viewable across YouTube, including on the new YouTube Gaming mobile app and website.

Online storage capacity increase: PlayStation Plus members’ PS4 cloud storage capacity will increase from 1GB to 10GB

Favourite Groups: Favourite Groups has been added to the Friends app, letting you add new or existing groups as a Favorite Group and quickly access groups of people you like to play games with frequently. This will make the process of getting a game session up and running even easier.

Communities: PS4 users will have the ability to create communities based around shared interests, like games, genres and more. Communities include a message board with general discussion, screenshots shared by players and the ability to join parties or games. If you want to tackle a big multiplayer raid, but don’t have enough friends, this could be a great way to connect with other likeminded players.

Sharing video clips to Twitter: Users will have the ability to share video clips directly to Twitter. The maximum video length is 10 seconds, but you’ll have the ability to trim longer clips.

Live from PlayStation: We’ve added the ability for users to view popular broadcasts, video clips and screenshots on the Live From PlayStation area

Screenshots: We’ve listened to your feedback and we’re happy to confirm that PNG format is now an option for Screenshot saves

Now Playing: The Now Playing screen will display more information about what your friends are doing, and you’ll be able to quickly jump into a party, request a screen share, or jump to PlayStation Store to buy a game your friend is playing.

Request to watch: Want to view a friend’s gameplay session? Now you can send a ‘Request to Watch’ notification to a player, which will start a live broadcast or Share Play invitation to the person playing.

Stickers: Tired of typing out messages? With this update, you’ll be able to send stickers to friends through the messages.

10gb online storage for saves? PNG screenshots? Yeah, I'm down. Some simple but good quality of life updates...