LCVG
JTello

PlayStation 4: The Thread - Part 2 - Slim Releases on September 15th, 2016 for $299.99

DR Angryman would probably be my tattoo, too. Or this:

wipeout_ag_systems_s13731.jpg

Some cheeky sod is selling unofficial team shirts on redbubble. Oh God.

RIGHT THEN.

Done it. Used the excuse that Finn's present of LEGO Dimensions needs to be a bit more future-proofed to justify my finally getting on board with the current generation.

New Revision PS4, second Dualshock 4, DriveClub, Helldivers SE and LBP3 for a total of £335 (give or take pennies) including postage. Which given that the official price for the console is still £350 isn't bad. I considered getting Destiny right up until the last minute, but I'm still put off by the constant stream of near-mandatory DLC packs.

• Like 1

Thanks! That lot and my PS+ catalogue should keep me going until the next sale lets me get Resogun (unfortunately, I started my subscription the month after it came off the freebies list), Rapture and others.

edit - oooh. Firstly, Resogun is only £4 at the moment.

SECONDLY, WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THERE'S A DLC PACK OF W'O" SHIPS?

RIGHT THEN.

Done it. Used the excuse that Finn's present of LEGO Dimensions needs to be a bit more future-proofed to justify my finally getting on board with the current generation.

New Revision PS4, second Dualshock 4, DriveClub, Helldivers SE and LBP3 for a total of £335 (give or take pennies) including postage. Which given that the official price for the console is still £350 isn't bad. I considered getting Destiny right up until the last minute, but I'm still put off by the constant stream of near-mandatory DLC packs.

That'll do. Congrats, and enjoy!

Partly Willpower, but partly Buying a decent PC. It's only the exclusives I've missed. Plus I fell down a deep hole called Elite Dangerous earlier this year, and it's taken me a few months to play anything else.

They've also stealth updated the DS4's for the second time now as far as I know. My 20th Anniversary controller is one. You can tell if you have it if the FCC ID number ends in an "A".

The sticks are more textured, they don't produce the white powder any longer from rubbing against the frame, and the triggers feel like they have a slightly shorter throw. I'd swear the battery was a little better, but I have not tested it at all.

I can't afford a 20th Anniversary pad, sadly. The rubber circle on my left analogue stick tore back when Arkham Knight came out too (another reason to be frustrated with that game). 

The sticks are more textured, they don't produce the white powder any longer from rubbing against the frame, and the triggers feel like they have a slightly shorter throw. I'd swear the battery was a little better, but I have not tested it at all.

That's cool. Both my launch pads are still 100% fine. No issues on either.

Except for the shit battery life which Sony really needs to address. :/

That's cool. Both my launch pads are still 100% fine. No issues on either.

Except for the shit battery life which Sony really needs to address. :/

I loved the sticks on the originals. Mine peeled after a couple of months though.

If I hadn't just bought a second controller already, I'd be all over that retro 90s clear plastic job, to go with my Dreamcast controller :-)

You can also (at least in Japan for now) funk up your PS4 itself with coloured HDD panel faceplates:

White PS4s seem to respond more favourably to the colours (white and blue is rather nice)

The PS4 has also received a 5000yen price cut in Japan effective 1st of October. It'll be interesting to see if Sony sees fit to announce a minor price cut in the west at Paris Games Week next month (there's little need for them to do so at this stage, but perhaps they'll feel generous and keen to secure seasonal supremacy).