LCVG
JTello

PlayStation 4: The Thread - Part 2 - Slim Releases on September 15th, 2016 for $299.99

Two things:

1. My PS4 has sounded like #2 since I got it at launch.

2. Now I want to play The Last of Us again. For the 100th time.

Two things:

1. My PS4 has sounded like #2 since I got it at launch.

2. Now I want to play The Last of Us again. For the 100th time.

1. It's almost like the "panel lottery" when buying a Samsung TV.

2. Im extremely close to the Platinum, but haven't played it for months. Im thinking about getting that and then trying Grounded!

I'll never get the platinum because I don't play the multi.:/

It's really good. Requires teamwork to really do well. I will play with you :D

Mine is the loud version most of the time in game.  It's annoying, but as long as the machine doesn't explode, I'll live with it.

Mine was definitely like the first video before swapping the thermal paste. It's hard to get a good sense of how loud the PS4 in the second video is, but I would wager that mine is somewhere between the first and second video now.

It's amazing considering that Sony hasn't even gotten off the ground in a major way with its first party development. It's going to be fun to watch what Uncharted 4 and the likes of a new God of War (two games that have traditionally sold very well for Sony) will do to overall PS4 hardware sales moving forward. Not to mention a price cut which is looking less likely given that Sony is still moving hardware (though I'm still betting on a base PS4 package at $350 this holiday season).

30 million by years end seems easily doable and probably 33 million by March 2016. Selling at the level of the PS2 seems a lofy goal to reach but yeah....

Good write-up that I agree with 100%

http://kotaku.com/the-ps4s-cloud-save-system-is-inadequate-1720892737

The difference is dramatic. While both systems allow users to save game progress to a set of external servers called the cloud, making it easier to resume games on a second console, Microsoft does it in a free, automatic and seemingly unlimited way. Sony does it in an expensive, laborious and stingy way.

This is, perhaps, a niche problem, one that will only bother people who are rich enough to own multiple high-end consoles or charming enough to have friends who will let them visit their homes and resume playing in-progress games there. It’s still a big feature gap, and what is the competition between consoles for, other than to have each console embarrass the other into feature parity? (I mean, the Wii U is going to add a free-game subscription program and a 500GB hard drive in order to keep up any day now, right?)

Let’s look at this ugly comparison:

The Xbox One auto-syncs any user’s save files to the cloud and retrieves them on any other system the gamer logs into when they boot up the relevant game.

The PS4 offers cloud saves only to paying subscribers to PlayStation Plus (a $50 annual subscription) and syncs those saves to the cloud when you log out of the system but limits online save data storage to 1GB.

It wouldn't be that much of an issue is PS4 saves weren't so fucking big. Each save is damn near 11mb. If you have 10 Witcher 3 saves you want to back-up...welp. Don't even get me started on how laborious it is to delete save files! (which is addressed in the article).

Each save is damn near 11mb. If you have 10 Witcher 3 saves you want to back-up...welp. Don't even get me started on how laborious it is to delete save files! (which is addressed in the article).

Heck some are 100MB and the worst offender has been Little Big Planet 3 with its 500MB save.

Heck some are 100mb and the worst offender has been Little Big Planet 3 with it's 500MB save.

Its insane, yes. The 1GB limit has to go.

The save backup issue is indeed ridiculous. It actually requires so much thought and management that I totally ignore it. I have no idea what I have backed up, I can't be bothered to micromanage it. I just click yes whenever prompted, and then cross my fingers that if I should ever need something that it'll be there.

Even the deletion mechanic is a fucked up process. You can only delete one cloud save at a time, and then you have to start over at the top level of the menus and dig down 2-3 levels to get back to where you were.

Even the deletion mechanic is a fucked up process. You can only delete one cloud save at a time, and then you have to start over at the top level of the menus and dig down 2-3 levels to get back to where you were.

As is the notification deletion as well. Those "cannot upload" messages stacked up in your uploads screens have to be deleted one at a time Options>Delete over and over and over again.

It's little things like that that Sony hasn't addressed in their UI that needs overhauled at a macro level.

As is the notification deletion as well. Those "cannot upload" messages stacked up in your uploads screens have to be deleted one at a time Options>Delete over and over and over again.

This drives me up the fucking wall.

Sidebar: Since your avatar is Archer, I can't help but read your posts with Archer's voice in my head. Which can be quite amusing. :)

• Like 1

Sidebar: Since your avatar is Archer, I can't help but read your posts with Archer's voice in my head. Which can be quite amusing. :)

1492.gif

PS4 firmware version 3.0 is in beta. Here's breakdown of what's included:

http://pocketnews.cocolog-nifty.com/pkns/2015/08/ps4300-d2c6.html

Via Google translate:

Version 3.00 The main features that are updated in the beta

(Event) has been added to the function item. From the list of events related to PlayStation, discover events, and participate, you will be able to watch.

(Friends) in (community) has been added. (Community) is a feature where you can find a player preferences and interest is close. You can create a new community, or you can join the already certain community. It can members and games and party community, you will be able to discuss a common topic.

In (Most in play), members will see a list of the party at that time a game and participants are playing, easily you can start the game from the list, you will be able to participate in the party. Also now be able to watch request of game play screen to members. (You can get in the play) is, What's New, (Friends), and has been added to the message screen, profile of the (community), (message).

Message screen (message) has been improved. You can view the (I'm home during play), you can now begin a party easily and members. In addition, you will be able to add your favorite group in the favorite group] of (Friends).

It is now possible to broadcast using You Tube ™.

It was able to upload a video clip to Twitter. (10 seconds maximum)

Version 3.00 Other features that are updated in the beta

Has been (Live from PlayStation) is improved. Not only broadcast, video clips, even on the screen shot I was supported.

Configuration

(Settings)> in the Accessibility> speed of automatic scrolling], we were able to change the speed of the automatic scrolling.

(Settings)> In the News], community to the item you can set the display of the notification message, viewing request of game play, the event, the current song has been added.

Other

You can now enter a comment in the activity of What's New.

Is added (message) to the (stamp), it can now be even more fun communication and friendship.

(PlayStation®Plus) has been added to function items. Check the content of free play and discount PlayStation®Plus, you can now get the latest information such as special offers.

In the Blu-ray Disc ™ / DVD player, it now supports accessibility features. We have expanded the scope of other accessibility features.

Game of the start-up limit can now be set while watching the age information and ratings icon.

Sub-account for the children and I can now be created from the [new users] of the user selection screen.

Harmful use set of services to block the display of the Web site can now be from (Settings)> [Parental Control]. (To use the service, you might separate charge is applied.)

5MzYSHQ.jpg

Deep breath: PlayStation Experience is officially a go for 2015! The epic two-day PlayStation community event is back, relocating to sunny/foggy/windy San Francisco this December 5th and 6th.

What can you expect this year? For starters, a ton of hands-on time with 2015 and 2016’s biggest games, plus a front-row seat for major PlayStation announcements. Plus some of those patented PlayStation surprises you’ve come to expect.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/14/playstation-experience-2015-comes-to-san-francisco/

Between this and Paris Games Week Sony ought to have a lot 2016 hype building over the winter period. 

After E3 surprises it feels like all bets are off when it comes to predicting what they might pull out of the hat next. It'll be interesting to see how they divide news between Paris Games Week and PSX given how close they are together (PGW is 28th of October to the 1st of November).

Forgot about TGS next month too.

There's more than one edition by the way!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/16/star-wars-ps4-bundles/

20393811389_7846c592f1_b.jpg

The bundle also includes Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition, as well as a digital voucher to download four classic Star Wars titles – Super Star Wars, Star Wars: Racer Revenge, Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter and Star Wars Bounty Hunter – playable for the first time on PS4, and sporting enhanced graphics and Trophy support. I’ll give you a minute to take that all in…

And, to celebrate the launch of Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, we’re releasing a Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle available exclusively at Wal-mart on November 17th.

20571538152_2a115362fa_b.jpg 

The package will include the Darth Vader-inspired 500GB PS4 system (CUH-1200 series) and DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller, as well as the Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars Edition PlayStation Exclusive Hardware Bundle Kit. The kit includes a physical copy of Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, the Disney Infinity Base, the Rise Against the Empire Play Set Pack (featuring Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa figures, as well the Rise Against the Empire Play Set piece), and the Boba Fett figure, exclusive to PlayStation through this holiday. The Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle will also include a digital voucher for the four classic Star Wars games mentioned above.

In addition to these two limited edition bundles, we’re also offering a standard-edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle which includes a PS4 system (CUH-1200 series) and DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller in Jet Black, as well as Star Wars Battlefront and a digital voucher for the four classic Star Wars games.

Super Star Wars on the PS4? Ha!