LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
secretvampire

Rocket League (PS+ Title for July)

Rocket League is part of the current Humble Bundle, so I decided to double dip, and I'm very happy I did. I only got a couple of matches in this evening and already the difference in my level of play & timing have increased noticeably.

I have a good rig, so there's no excuse, I should have tried the PC long before now. There are a lot of factors that dictate that I should see an improvement in my play, (power of the computer and graphics, the solid monitor response and refresh, the pc is hardwired, etc,) and since I'm already seeing those payoff, I hope I can raise my play further as I get used to this setup. Time will tell, but I'm excited to see if I can move higher in the rankings.

Rocket League is part of the current Humble Bundle, so I decided to double dip, and I'm very happy I did. I only got a couple of matches in this evening and already the difference in my level of play & timing have increased noticeably.

I have a good rig, so there's no excuse, I should have tried the PC long before now. There are a lot of factors that dictate that I should see an improvement in my play, (power of the computer and graphics, the solid monitor response and refresh, the pc is hardwired, etc,) and since I'm already seeing those payoff, I hope I can raise my play further as I get used to this setup. Time will tell, but I'm excited to see if I can move higher in the rankings.

Was wondering why I hadn't seen you playing this on PS4 in a while.  :)  

Latest update has been great! Many cool additions, and the Rumble mode is a whole lot of fun. Crazy awesome highlight reel fun!

At first I was skeptical of what Rumble could bring to enhance an already great game, but the power ups add an almost infinite level of strategy. And this all comes on top of the skills and strategy already required to compete in the base game.

Rocket League has to be one of the greatest games ever, no hyperbole there, it's just a fantastic title in every respect!

Haven't gotten to play as much as I'd like to lately, but I'm still very much into this game.  Despite the face that I avoid buying physical stuff these days, I couldn't resist this...I pre-ordered the limited edition of the vinyl soundtrack:

http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/news/2016/07/vinyl-collection-available-pre-order/

Think I am going to frame it for my media room which is in dire need of some decoration.  I listen to the soundtrack on YouTube all of the time when I'm working, thought it would be good to support them and pay for it as well.

Haven't gotten to play as much as I'd like to lately, but I'm still very much into this game. Despite the face that I avoid buying physical stuff these days, I couldn't resist this...I pre-ordered the limited edition of the vinyl soundtrack:

http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/news/2016/07/vinyl-collection-available-pre-order/

Think I am going to frame it for my media room which is in dire need of some decoration. I listen to the soundtrack on YouTube all of the time when I'm working, thought it would be good to support them and pay for it as well.

That's an awesome idea! I have two other pieces of vinyl that I've been considering doing the same with, and that would be a perfect fit with them. Not sure I can get my hands on one of the other pieces though, so maybe someday.

Rocket League receives a PS4 Pro patch today to enable 4k/60fps. There doesn't appear to be supersampling for 1080 Pro owners however.

There are supposed to be performance improvements for everyone, even regular PS4 owners.  But that is disappointing if I'm not going to get SS since I am a 1080 Pro owner for now.  

Performance is greatly improved. I'm guessing that is across the board for PS4 owners Pro and otherwise. There is absolutely no SS going on though and that sucks.

Good to know about the performance improvements.  Been playing RL on PS4 since it was free on PSN.  I just purchased a PS4 pro and have a new 4K TV on its way next week so I'm excited to experience RL in 4K.

Good to know about the performance improvements. Been playing RL on PS4 since it was free on PSN. I just purchased a PS4 pro and have a new 4K TV on its way next week so I'm excited to experience RL in 4K.

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Enjoy!

I've been having a hell of a time get unranked standard matches since the "Hot Wheels" update a few weeks ago.  Every time it looks the first server says someone on server doesn't have cross-play enabled, then it proceeds to search for 3-4 minutes before maybe connecting to some server half away around the world.  Bear in mind the game tells me there are many thousands of people playing in my selected playlist at the time.  I think I can count on one hand the times I've connected to a US server in the past week.  Ranked matches tend to connect much faster, but I don't play those nearly as often.  I also noticed that the odd modes, hockey, BBall, rumble, all mysteriously vanished last night.  

Another thing I've noticed a great deal of lately is cheaters or rank scammers, whatever they are called.  Cars just drive in a straight line going around the field with absolutely no purpose.  They don't even boost or do anything that matters, but they do flip over the instant the car is upside down.  You have to press X to flip over so something is automated to make that happen.  I always report those people and block their accounts on PSN.  

I've been having a hell of a time get unranked standard matches since the "Hot Wheels" update a few weeks ago.  Every time it looks the first server says someone on server doesn't have cross-play enabled, then it proceeds to search for 3-4 minutes before maybe connecting to some server half away around the world.  Bear in mind the game tells me there are many thousands of people playing in my selected playlist at the time.  I think I can count on one hand the times I've connected to a US server in the past week.  Ranked matches tend to connect much faster, but I don't play those nearly as often.  I also noticed that the odd modes, hockey, BBall, rumble, all mysteriously vanished last night.  

Another thing I've noticed a great deal of lately is cheaters or rank scammers, whatever they are called.  Cars just drive in a straight line going around the field with absolutely no purpose.  They don't even boost or do anything that matters, but they do flip over the instant the car is upside down.  You have to press X to flip over so something is automated to make that happen.  I always report those people and block their accounts on PSN.  

Connecting to a game was awful all weekend long.  Thought it was just me.  

Also ran into our first rank scammer last night.  Thought it was just some troll dickhead.  That was annoying.  

I haven't ran into the issues you guys are talking about but I almost always play ranked.  Playing non ranked games is too frustrating for me.  Too many quitters and a general lack of communication/concern for your teammate.  Not sure what you guys are referring to when mentioning rank scammers.  How would that even work?  Are you talking about someone purposely losing to lower their rank?  

I haven't ran into the issues you guys are talking about but I almost always play ranked.  Playing non ranked games is too frustrating for me.  Too many quitters and a general lack of communication/concern for your teammate.  Not sure what you guys are referring to when mentioning rank scammers.  How would that even work?  Are you talking about someone purposely losing to lower their rank?  

I just meant as in Pro, Expert, Master, Legend....Rank might have been the wrong word.

People just must want the title.  Fucking everyone they play with along the way.

I've not encountered too many bullies who dominate the pitch thankfully. I thought I had last night but they were just really, really good and carrying the match based on skill rather than a want to constantly hog the ball. I'd have been annoyed at their brilliance were I not on their team.  :)

Just had a great game during a break. We were 3-0 down and a teammate managed to get our first goal, I got the second, then with 17s to spare I got the third to bring us level. I am not aware of having any voice chat activated in this game, but that second goal of mine got an audible yelp from a player on the other team. Flashed up with a volume/audio signal on screen. It just came out of nowhere. I couldn't stop laughing. Sadly we lost in overtime, but it was one of those joyous matches that makes me love the pick up and play factor of this game. It's an all time classic.

Still no parties, and they don't promise anything for that except sometime this year.  Which probably means the December 2019 update.